Share your crazy reefkeeping stories!

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2018
Messages
3,351
Reaction score
6,021
Location
Durham, North Carolina
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy everybody!

One thing I've been noticing recently in the hobby is the amount of wild things you see in your tank you want to tell someone about, and eve after your girlfriend/coworkers/family members have heard so much about the hobby and the cool things happening that hearing the word fish their eyes glaze over, you still want to share with someone (I'm not projecting, you're projecting!)

Basically I want to hear all your crazy stories! Browned out acro turned out to be a walt disney, bonded pair of clowns hosting a GI Joe figurine, crazy species interactions--anything you really want to share with someone!

Selfishly, I'll start! Earlier this week I found out I had a juvenile hitchhiker mantis shrimp. The very same night I noticed it, it rammed a claw off one of my emerald crabs which them proceeded to casually grab it with its claw and bash it to death against a rock while SIMULTANEOUSLY eating it from the other end.

So now I'd love to hear your wild reefkeeping stories!
 
Howdy everybody!

One thing I've been noticing recently in the hobby is the amount of wild things you see in your tank you want to tell someone about, and eve after your girlfriend/coworkers/family members have heard so much about the hobby and the cool things happening that hearing the word fish their eyes glaze over, you still want to share with someone (I'm not projecting, you're projecting!)

Basically I want to hear all your crazy stories! Browned out acro turned out to be a walt disney, bonded pair of clowns hosting a GI Joe figurine, crazy species interactions--anything you really want to share with someone!

Selfishly, I'll start! Earlier this week I found out I had a juvenile hitchhiker mantis shrimp. The very same night I noticed it, it rammed a claw off one of my emerald crabs which them proceeded to casually grab it with its claw and bash it to death against a rock while SIMULTANEOUSLY eating it from the other end.

So now I'd love to hear your wild reefkeeping stories!
I got a browned out acro colony (probably a solid 5 inches in size) for $80 that turned out to be an RR Wolverine, lost it when my tank crashed :(
 
I got a browned out acro colony (probably a solid 5 inches in size) for $80 that turned out to be an RR Wolverine, lost it when my tank crashed :(

Noooooo :(

That's like a down payment on a car lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new