Share your under tank filtration

Kevin Fisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to say it's all being broken down this coming weekend. Completely new setup coming in a few weeks when we move. Some of you guys have incredible setups! Love strolling through and getting ideas.
image.jpeg

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's pics of my set up. Tank is still cycling so reactor isn't running. It was a tight fit, but I made it work.
1447903108827.jpg
1447903120123.jpg

So nice to see a plumbing job with white PVC that is not stained with purple primer and ugly bar codes. Nice job! Also, where did you find that neat Y adapter? Did you modify it to fit inside of that larger 4Way fitting? An interesting transition there.

ImpalaSS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Fin, I used clear primer/glue and made sure the bar codes were in the back. I wiped off the excess glue as well. I'm OCD like that lol. The Y I got from my lfs, it is a weird fitting, slipped into 1.5 X and bushings for the flex.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a Reef Octopus nano skimmer. Jury is still out on it. I will give it a shot, but I have my reservations on how effective it will be. I ordered it because it was the right size for my old sump, but I decided to overhaul the whole system. Anyway, I may be replacing it soon, if it doesn't work out.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well done everyone!

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Fin, I used clear primer/glue and made sure the bar codes were in the back. I wiped off the excess glue as well. I'm OCD like that lol. The Y I got from my lfs, it is a weird fitting, slipped into 1.5 X and bushings for the flex.

gotta wipe off the extra glue, nobody want to see that! ;)

FYI, a little tip for future installs...give your PVC, specifically the barcodes&lettering a wipe with acetone. Removes the lettering/printing and cleans up the PVC real nice!

omar jawad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha Ha. That the number 1 question when people see this post. I'm dosing the full RedSea Reef Care Program. Reef Foundation ABC, NoPox, and Colors ABCD.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 94 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back