OP
OP
Finless

Finless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in that stage now I probably over killed with bacterica 8oz of turbo start 900 and a bottle of stablity dished over 2 weeks then went to LFS and bought snails and rocks with different Coraline to seed it 2 months later and purple up I see it going well. How did you introduce your Coraline? And what color are you trying to get
The system has been up since February. I did it the old fashioned way. I bought a small rock from my favorite fish store, turned off the return pump and with a razor blade (VERY CAREFULLY) scraped the spores and let them land wherever. At first I didn't think it worked till I did a 30% water change then BOOM! I can see the change almost daily. Low nitrates and moderate lights is what's helping me no added nutrients. The algae gets enough from the water change.

OP
OP
Finless

Finless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The system has been up since February. I did it the old fashioned way. I bought a small rock from my favorite fish store, turned off the return pump and with a razor blade (VERY CAREFULLY) scraped the spores and let them land wherever. At first I didn't think it worked till I did a 30% water change then BOOM! I can see the change almost daily. Low nitrates and moderate lights is what's helping me no added nutrients. The algae gets enough from the water change.
Oh btw pink and purple would be awesome but any at this point would be awesome to.

reacclimating 2 the hobby

patience is... oh look an acro pack fs!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the community!

welcome.gif

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Im new to R2R. My name is Javier. I have a 72 bow front that picked up used, Ebay China LEDs light bars, skimz sn143 skimmer and biopellet reactor. I love the hobby but it has been difficult for me since all good things come at a premium. I have made due for now. Thank you all for the great advice. Its helped me so much.
1542338628668.jpeg
1542338662274.jpeg
1542338726033.jpeg
Welcome to R2R!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 74 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back