Shipment delay from Live Sale

damselindistress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My shipment from a recent live sale has been MIA about 24 hrs and UPS can't or won't provide an update. Seller is working hard to resolve, no issue with them, issue is with UPS....they are presently stuck in an area experiencing a heat wave.

How long can they make it before turning to soup?? This is a bubble coral, button scoly, several acans and a plate coral.

OP
OP
damselindistress

damselindistress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My shipment from a recent live sale has been MIA about 24 hrs and UPS can't or won't provide an update. Seller is working hard to resolve, no issue with them, issue is with UPS....they are presently stuck in an area experiencing a heat wave.

How long can they make it before turning to soup?? This is a bubble coral, button scoly, several acans and a plate coral.
So I received my shipment about an hour ago, it was delayed 24 hrs. I purchased several acans, a plate coral, button scoly and my main piece an electric green aussie bubble coral. There were only two in the whole live sale so I was stoked to get it.

All corals made it through the extended shipping okay with the exception of the bubble coral. I'm super bummed. Honestly would rather everything else croaked and the bubble coral made it. I knew before I opened its bag it was not in good shape because the water was very cloudy and had tissue debris visibly floating in it.

I took pics of the water and the coral. I just got off the phone with the vendor and was super disappointed they best they said they could do was issue me a store credit for half the price of the bubble coral.

My question is this, do DOA policies not extend to shipping issues?? I also called UPS and they said tough tooties also. I'm asking if this is just "the way it is" and I'm out of line if I feel upset about it? I've purchased from many live sales and many from this same vendor, who I've always considered the gold standard in reputation but now as I sit here looking at my coral defleshing and losing chunk after chunk before my eyes I have to admit I'm feeling SOME KIND OF WAY. So, someone, please, check me if I'm wrong to be unhappy with their offered solution?

20220909_173816.jpg

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really have no idea how vendors deal with shipping delays with how lazy things have gotten. I honestly stopped ordering online because of it. I know fedex will no longer reimburse companies who have lost livestock because they failed to deliver in the correct time frame purchased. UPS, might refund the vendor shipping costs, I truly do not know.

You have every right to be however you feel. Sadly, things have become a rather big gamble with our orders.

GarrettT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped ordering from online vendors as well. Not worth the headache. I don’t mind ordering when tempatures are moderate though.

reef_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are a proper reputable shop, then they will have their terms displayed on their website, for example who is responsible in case of a shipping delay.

If its a chop shop with no terms, then you can be happy with half "store" credit...

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I think it’s unacceptable that they didn’t issue store credit for the full price. I suppose they probably cover themselves with their TOS, but IMO you didn’t receive what you purchased, and it’s ultimately the sellers responsibility to make it right. Their whole business is shipping corals and they are knowingly shipping during a heatwave (they’re supposed to be the experts), they have a business relationship with the shipping company, when shipments are delayed, they’re the ones who get reimbursed for shipping, so as the customer it’s really not your problem why you didn’t receive the product you ordered, the seller has an obligation to make it right. What vendor is it? Personally, and I don’t recommend this unless all other attempts to be made whole fail, but if they won’t make it right, I would do a charge back/PayPal dispute. I would call/email them back and get your Karen on (ie ask to speak to the manager).

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back