ShipNex problems?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AcroNem
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2015
Messages
4,509
Reaction score
14,360
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently heard someone mention that ShipNex has been causing problems for people shipping coral. So I wanted to check with others and see how much truth there was to that. Have you actually had issues with using your ShipNex account to ship corals/fish, or is this one person's bad experience that is lumping the entire hobby in there with it? Any comments are welcome and appreciated.

-J
 
Shipnex will cancel your account if they find out you are shipping live coral because their account is not approved for shipping live items.
It's easy for them to find out when the receiver calls about a delayed package and states the contents of the package.
 
I can't find anything on their site about not shipping live animals. I mean plenty of people use it right? This was just the first time I had heard about any problems with it and wanted to hear them so I didn't get screwed next time I ship. That would make sense if they really couldn't ship animals, but you'd think a large company like that would be approved for it.
 
Would you look at that, yep it's in there you're right.

Screenshot_2015-12-17-08-18-32.png
 
I had an account that I used at times only when people needed UPS and my account was shut down as soon as they found out I was shipping coral. Someone called in about a delayed package and stated what the package contain, the account was shut down almost immediately.
Everyone be careful using ShipNex because the carrier can return or destroy the package if it's not an approved package. If they return it, the package is returned ground service which guarantees your coral will be returned dead. I'm not speaking on assumptions here, this is my own personal experience.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new