Shipping cut off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, I seem to remember you saying you won't ship after a certain date around X-mas. When is that cutoff date? And when do you start shipping again?

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly anytime after Black Friday is a crapshoot with any mail carrier. They don't care whats in the box, it could say "CAUTION: LIVE CHILDREN" and they'd throw it around with reckless abandon.

Having had my own micro business, I can tell you while xmas is a great time for selling, it's the worst time possible for shipping. I sold collectables, and I can't tell you how many times I had to double / triple wrap things just to hope they make it to their destination in one piece. Often of course, at my expense. Nature of the beast and all -- But with live goods, I imagine it would really suck.. He may not exactly have something at the ready as a replacement and such.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cutoff was last Wednesday Actually

I had a rash is issues years ago early on.

After a few years in a row with delays around Xmas time, year after year of saying “ never again”, It was the excuse “Sorry but the plane was full” as to why five really valuable boxes were stuck, that galvanized my policy on holiday time shipping.

I will be resuming after the new year for sure.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cutoff was last Wednesday Actually

I had a rash is issues years ago early on.

After a few years in a row with delays around Xmas time, year after year of saying “ never again”, It was the excuse “Sorry but the plane was full” as to why five really valuable boxes were stuck, that galvanized my policy on holiday time shipping.

I will be resuming after the new year for sure.
Understandable. So nothing the week after Christmas either? Still shipping issues from them clearing the backlog or do you take that week off?

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Understandable. So nothing the week after Christmas either? Still shipping issues from them clearing the backlog or do you take that week off?

Yeah I am even extending it through new years this year. between the surgery and some long over due "time off" lol it seems it make sense to me. That week between xmas and new years can been a little iffy anyway.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back