Shipping issue - what to do?

apex003

Aquaculturist in training
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shipped someone a pretty expensive pack via FedEx priority overnight. FedEx is showing the package was delivered to the front door on time but the buyer is saying it didn’t arrive.

Buyer says he’s checked with neighbors to see if they got it by accident, but has not been able to locate the box. I’ve followed up with FedEx several times and they’re trying to back track what happened but don’t have any more details or photos of the delivered package. Just show that the package was delivered to the front door.

I can’t really verify anything else from my end... Any advice? What is the seller responsibility if the buyer says he didn’t receive the box but FedEx says it was delivered?

Last edited:

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m assuming payment was made via PayPal? If so you are safe from charge back because it is shown as delivered.. the buyer will most likely be on the hook for any losses incurred and will need to go after fedex for compensation.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is a tough situation. if you have delivery confirmation and you sent it to the confirmed address on their paypal account, the liability is off you. next consider trying to make it right. this is purely up to you and if you believe him.

Error404

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I ask for signatures upon delivery, it avoids headaches. In the case of a dispute , PayPal might side with you depending if the transaction was under $250, and if he used a PayPal balance to pay, if he used a credit card , that’s another story. I would suggest coming to an agreement with buyer .

OP
OP
apex003

apex003

Aquaculturist in training
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I ask for signatures upon delivery, it avoids headaches. In the case of a dispute , PayPal might side with you depending if the transaction was under $250, and if he used a PayPal balance to pay, if he used a credit card , that’s another story. I would suggest coming to an agreement with buyer .

The problem with signatures is that it can create unnecessary delays if you just miss the doorbell or aren’t home to sign. I think no signature is more standard, but I could be wrong...

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your troubles.If the package was not insured then I would try to compromise with the buyer.I hate to say it but maybe the box was stolen.

Error404

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see how signatures would be a potential problem. I usually state that the corals must be accepted within the first delivery attempt or the DOA is void. Especially for expensive shipments, which isn’t hard considering delivery is between 9-10:30am in most cases. I’ve had some people miss shipments before , but they usually end up picking them up that same day from the shipping offices.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back