Should chaeto be acclimated?

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2011
Messages
1,901
Reaction score
29
Location
Miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys just wondering if anyone acclimated their chaeto before installation. My last fuge was years ago and I just threw out in but wanted to make sure
 
+1 just toss it in it does however need light acclimation but not like coral it seems to slow down a lot for me if i switch say from a t5 6,5k bulb over to a par 30 led 5k it slows down a ton in growth wise till it gets use to the light.
 
Just toss it in. Just double check it thoroughly though. If you don't know the exact source or the person who gave it to you well. Cheato carries all sorts of goodies in it.
 
+1 just toss it in it does however need light acclimation but not like coral it seems to slow down a lot for me if i switch say from a t5 6,5k bulb over to a par 30 led 5k it slows down a ton in growth wise till it gets use to the light.

I think he had it on t5 and I will be using led light should I start off with a small led and work up

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
 
No its fine it just takes about a week for the chaeto to adjust but after that it takes off.
 
I have Chaeto in my sump but it sure isn't growing very much? Any additive I should add?
 
2x18 watt 50/50 comp. florescents total of 36w. Refigium is 12 x 12 x 18 deep.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new