Should I bother with buying from this guy?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I envy you all of the online stores in the US lol.

my favourite place with RFAs closed and changed owners ealier this year to someone on the other side of the country.

guess you can say I'm a bit desperate for nems :p

I'm guessing you're Referring to Canada Corals? I'm sure they would be happy to ship to you :p have you checked out Candy Corals? I'm sure Afnan could track down some rare rock flowers for you

OP
OP
eggplantparrot

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing you're Referring to Canada Corals? I'm sure they would be happy to ship to you :p have you checked out Candy Corals? I'm sure Afnan could track down some rare rock flowers for you

Yep, I used to go to Canada Corals once in a while (a bit too far of a drive for me but always worth it).

the nems on their site now are kinda crappy. tbh

I will give Candy Corals a try. thanks

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I used to go to Canada Corals once in a while (a bit too far of a drive for me but always worth it).

the nems on their site now are kinda crappy. tbh

I will give Candy Corals a try. thanks

No problem! I have yet to try them myself but have heard really good things

OP
OP
eggplantparrot

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stress out his nems by turning on whites for 5 minutes? I just can't imagine that being an issue. Doesn't matter what I'm doing in my tank, the rock flowers stay open. Hard pass if it was me. Dude is obviously lying...why I have no idea.

yea, I've messed with my rock nems lots before but they almost never close up.

I was so confused when I saw his reply lol

Nanoreefchik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing is, most reefers are so gullible and thirsty for deals, they don’t even know what an actually good deal is most of the time. If you have to ask people “am I getting scammed” you already lost IMO. I guess intuition goes out the window to save a few bucks.

U

User1

View Badges
I'm going to leave out personal comments regarding buy/sell but will offer you this piece of advise.

Any coral, fish, or other hobby related thing you buy online if you have to create a post and ask should you I think you already know your answer. And that would be no.

Why? Well, because you are not sure and it isn't like buying a Boss 429 that you are validating vin or serial numbers. It isn't like buying a set of Steeda Struts or sway bars or anything else that is a fitting or application question. Unfortunately for our hobby it is a bit difficult due to the names, mis names, colors, cameras, angles, lines, perceived lines, made up names, genus names, and everything between Boston and Budapest.

So should you bother I'd say no, you shouldn't because you are not sure in your gut and wanted to come here for a second or third opinion. Not because of anything else. You didn't feel comfortable so don't.

OP
OP
eggplantparrot

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea I'm leaning heavily towards no now.

it's my first time buying from a place that's not a store, so I wasn't sure if this was just par for the course or not.

OP
OP
eggplantparrot

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing is, most reefers are so gullible and thirsty for deals, they don’t even know what an actually good deal is most of the time. If you have to ask people “am I getting scammed” you already lost IMO. I guess intuition goes out the window to save a few bucks.

are you calling me gullible lol

OP
OP
eggplantparrot

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, I asked one last time for some better pictures, but was sent the same ones from before, 6 times.

after being asked if I still want them, I declined, and this is what he said.

Screenshot_20201113_144343_com.ebay.kijiji.ca.jpg

I guess I'm banned from his "store" lol

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, I asked one last time for some better pictures, but was sent the same ones from before, 6 times.

Love it, he sounds like a child throwing a temper tantrum, well atleast you know he's not worth your time.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

prob for the best,he wont be around long ,with that kind of additute;)

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If advertising under blue lighting was a disqualification criterion .... then 90% of sellers would fail. Frankly, RFA are mostly all about the same. I’ve generally been more concerned about them being too small and ending up as a snack for my fish.

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest though, if you're doing a nem only tank and don't run heavy blue light, I don't know what you're doing lol. You got to have the blues to show case the florescence.

OP
OP
eggplantparrot

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest though, if you're doing a nem only tank and don't run heavy blue light, I don't know what you're doing lol. You got to have the blues to show case the florescence.

My light is set up to go from blue to white and then blue again at night. i like seeing them in all sorts of lighting.

i don't know about you but those pictures are not great for seeing their patterns on the tentacles and oral discs (if there were any at all).

OP
OP
eggplantparrot

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The drama is over, and i have found a couple of new places in Canada with very nice nems. unfortunately they are not local so i will have to venture into the world of online ordering :O

at least i know fore sure one of the stores owner is nice enough to provide more pictures of his stock. both in blue and whiter spectrums.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back