Should I Quaretine the cleaning crew?

Hugo Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, how is it going? My tank is cycling yet but I want to add a cleaning crew in a few weeks, but I'm not sure if I should QT them. I read somewhere that inverts don't get Ich, so I shouldn't QT them. I plan on QT the clownfish when I add them, but should I do the same with the cleaning crew?

Thanks,

Hugo Garcia

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, how is it going? My tank is cycling yet but I want to add a cleaning crew in a few weeks, but I'm not sure if I should QT them. I read somewhere that inverts don't get Ich, so I shouldn't QT them. I plan on QT the clownfish when I add them, but should I do the same with the cleaning crew?

Thanks,

Hugo Garcia
I've heard of people placing snails in a small portion of water and letting them poop everything out before adding them to the main display. I would also take care to examine all of their shells for nuisance algae and/or parasites. I got a turbo snail one time with two or three small barnacles growing on it and though nothing of it. Next thing I know, there's tiny barnacles growing everywhere!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks,

Hugo Garcia
Inverts can't get fish parasites but the parasites can attach themselves to the CuC as part of their reproductive cycle. If you get your CuC from a source with no fish in their systems there is no need to QT them.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 70 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back