Should I quit my job?

Should I quit my job so I can be here full time?

• You are on here all the time anyway, why quit now?

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Yes, Retirement is beautiful

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • No, Keep working until you are 72

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kris rooked you too, I see....let's sidetrack for a second, we owe it to him lol.
You run similar system as I no? No sump, no canister, live rock and skimmer periodically?
In my 75 I use a canister filter Fluval FX4, and a hob AquaMaxx 1.5 . Both run 24/7. I have live rock, large piece of coral skeleton and caribsea purple rock.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 75 I use a canister filter Fluval FX4, and a hob AquaMaxx 1.5 . Both run 24/7. I have live rock, large piece of coral skeleton and caribsea purple rock.
Ah ok good good....only difference is you run the cannister. All else is same.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i guess welcome ?? "stranger".. :rolleyes: ;Happy you'll do what's best for you and your family...:cool:
mr burns who the devil are you GIF
;):)

OP
OP
KrisReef

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoy your posts.... and you introduce now lol? This is the Cali way all I can surmise! As for 'quitting ' or carrying on, it sounds to my ears you are either dissatisfied or bored. Perhaps I am wrong. However in will say at 47 years young here, house almost paid, I have pretty much had it with my employer of 25 years. They don't listen to those in the field anymore.... in fact it's totally ignored. I have seen people promoted who didn't deserve to be, only because they were eager beavers with nothing concrete to offer. One reason I stayed out of office. Sorry to ramble....but I think you/I suffer from a similar issue. And we need to find our own niche at this point. Am I right?
And April 1st......ah there we are...
"BINGO"

Based upon your reply I'm realizing that my situation isn't really all that unique. The only reasons that I am staying on is that my final salary impacts retirement and every now and again one of the "eager" wonderkids looks up from their laptop with an astonished look on their fresh faces when they realize that I told them two years ago the project wouldn't work out, and why, and well here we are. IF I wasn't lying back then, what else did they miss?

I have a few niche options but right now I just coasting and trying to unwind enough to move forward without wobbling much. You nailed it.

OP
OP
KrisReef

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i guess welcome ?? "stranger".. :rolleyes: ;Happy you'll do what's best for you and your family...:cool:
mr burns who the devil are you GIF
;):)
Yup. I have a lot of responsibility in the real world which is why this one is such an fantastic diversion. Thanks @fishguy242

OP
OP
KrisReef

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
April Fools
Sadly, not really. Here is my daily check-in email still embedded in the cut and paste section of my laptop memory.

Aprils 2, 2021

Working from 0800 – 1630 - SCI Update, eom.

Teleworking all day. No outside contact anticipated

4/1/2021, 8 hrs

Telecommuting SCI update.

I get so much done each day but so much life is now behind me. What to do? Thanks for voting :)

OP
OP
KrisReef

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back