Should i treat one or both or them

2cool4fish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
America
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0


I recently added 2 clownfish to my tank and now I’m not sure if one of them has ich or brooklynella. Every thing in tank is fine besides slightly high salinity of 37-38ppt. Im not sure if I should treat both of them for brooklynella and/or ich using metroplex or just the one showing symptoms.
 


I recently added 2 clownfish to my tank and now I’m not sure if one of them has ich or brooklynella. Every thing in tank is fine besides slightly high salinity of 37-38ppt. Im not sure if I should treat both of them for brooklynella and/or ich using metroplex or just the one showing symptoms.

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

How long have the fish been in your tank?

Metroplex might help with Brooklynella, but it has a poor track record for treating ich. I'm not sure which issue your fish has - I'm leaning towards it being ich, but the spots are a bit larger than I would expect (unless these are really small clowns?)

For protozoan diseases, all exposed fish need to be treated.....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new