Should I upgrade my 4 Stage BRS Value RODI

bcarl77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a 4 stage value RODI back when I was on well water. I moved to a city water source and never given any thought if I needed to change my RODI system. My input TDS is 350ppm and output is 0. The city of tampa uses chloromines (4ppm) and I have attached the water quality report. Is my current system sufficient?

https://www.tampagov.net/sites/default/files/wa...16web1.pdf

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m no expert but I’d say 0 TDS is 0 TDS. The carbon block s should take care of your chloramines. I tried to look at your repor but it came up “page not found “

OP
OP
bcarl77

bcarl77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it. If you are concerned about the chloramines getting through your unit,you might buy those little test strips and check your finished product before getting a new unit but don’t let my opinion get in the way of a possible upgrade.

OP
OP
bcarl77

bcarl77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it. If you are concerned about the chloramines getting through your unit,you might buy those little test strips and check your finished product before getting a new unit but don’t let my opinion get in the way of a possible upgrade.

Not at all! I have the test strips, came back with 0. Just want to make sure I invest in the parts of my system that will make the most impact.

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS brand carbon blocks are rated for chloramine and chlorine. As long as you are getting those and changing them regularly you are fine. You could add a second carbon and di as well as tds meter.

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not at all! I have the test strips, came back with 0. Just want to make sure I invest in the parts of my system that will make the most impact.
Sounds like you are good to go.
I am currently on well water and wondered if being on a municipal supply would be better or worse. My TDS in are 9, but apparently I may have a lot of CO2 because I burn through DI like crazy. I’m lucky if I get 100 Gal before I have to replace it. BRS is running their 10% off sale right now so if you are needing anything you might check that out. Good luck on your new source supply.

OP
OP
bcarl77

bcarl77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ended up getting an extra carbon block to add on. For only $40 not a bad spend. At a minimum I might get a little more life out of my DI. Not expecting much improvement in the water though. We will see

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ended up getting an extra carbon block to add on. For only $40 not a bad spend. At a minimum I might get a little more life out of my DI. Not expecting much improvement in the water though. We will see
I’d like to know how that turns out. I am replacing both my carbon blocks before doing my next rodi batch and see if that helps extend my DI but I think it’s probably the CO 2 factor

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back