Should I?

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Space, unfortunately, is an issue.
I already have 3 tanks at home, and 1 at work.
I need a bigger house! Or, time to throw some junk away!!!!
I get the feeling .
we are in a small apartment . Luckily for the land owner were on the main floor .

but we have a 230 occupying a large portion of our living room.

The 5’ square dog cage for our mastiff/ Great Dane pup on the opposite corner

I couldn’t fit another tank unless it was very small .
but in the process of looking for a house .
that’s a completely new game .

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the NJRC members and myself included will not step foot into their store. It was an unfortunate situation that occurred there.

Best of luck if you do purchase it
Not from the area at all . But very curious what the unfortunate situation was where a large group will not go there .

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not from the area at all . But very curious what the unfortunate situation was where a large group will not go there .

Me too... I have a store a couple hours away that I will no longer patronize. Friendly staff, but sick fish, and not a very decent selection. For an entire local club to blacklist a store would seem to me require a pretty significant incident...

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I get the feeling .
we are in a small apartment . Luckily for the land owner were on the main floor .

but we have a 230 occupying a large portion of our living room.

The 5’ square dog cage for our mastiff/ Great Dane pup on the opposite corner

I couldn’t fit another tank unless it was very small .
but in the process of looking for a house .
that’s a completely new game .
I hear you!
I don't know how things are up there (I need to catch up with my family in Quebec more!),but I could easily sell my house for $100k+ more than I paid for it in 2016, but then I will have to be in a bidding war to find something I like more!

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you!
I don't know how things are up there (I need to catch up with my family in Quebec more!),but I could easily sell my house for $100k+ more than I paid for it in 2016, but then I will have to be in a bidding war to find something I like more!

I'm in the same boat. I could sell my house for 4x what I paid for it in 2014, but I can't get anything similar in an area where I would want to be for less that twice what I could get from this house... it is actually kind of disappointing really. I drive 75 miles each way to get to work. I would love to move closer, but I don't want to get stuck with another mortgage.

I suppose I could try and rent out my current house, let the tenants pay for the mortgage on the new place, but then I would be in a situation where I have a debt that will likely outlive me. And what would I have to charge in order to pay off an $800k home...

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm in the same boat. I could sell my house for 4x what I paid for it in 2014, but I can't get anything similar in an area where I would want to be for less that twice what I could get from this house... it is actually kind of disappointing really. I drive 75 miles each way to get to work. I would love to move closer, but I don't want to get stuck with another mortgage.

I suppose I could try and rent out my current house, let the tenants pay for the mortgage on the new place, but then I would be in a situation where I have a debt that will likely outlive me. And what would I have to charge in order to pay off an $800k home...
100%

iquitreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
53A72CF4-23B4-49BA-A68C-A0F09375828D.gif

Anything over 1$/gal for an Aqueon?
do it!! ha

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the NJRC members and myself included will not step foot into their store. It was an unfortunate situation that occurred there.

Best of luck if you do purchase it
Where would i find out what happened. Obviously you are using a level of discretion but would love to know what is the concern.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally don’t buy used old large tanks . Had a friend buy one that was used and 6 months after it was filled and running he was sitting in the living room when all 150 gallons hit the floor from a seam that blew out . He had no idea how old it was nor how it was stored and for how long . He bought it empty that was in the guys garage when he went to pick it up . Just my opinion . For me it may cost more but somewhat piece of mind is worth it .

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I personally don’t buy used old large tanks . Had a friend buy one that was used and 6 months after it was filled and running he was sitting in the living room when all 150 gallons hit the floor from a seam that blew out . He had no idea how old it was nor how it was stored and for how long . He bought it empty that was in the guys garage when he went to pick it up . Just my opinion . For me it may cost more but somewhat piece of mind is worth it .
This can and has happened to tanks under a year old. Seams going out can be unpredictable.

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What’s your ideal size?
My ideal size is anywhere from 180-220g. I'm not in a huge rush, but I want to eventually replace my 110g with something shorter and longer.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back