Should kalkwasser ATO mix be cloudy?

samrggzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just began to dose kalkwasser into my 32 gallon tank through my ATO. I am using seachem kalkwasser and no matter how much i mix and stir it the ATO water never gets clear and is pretty cloudy with sort of a film on top even after stirring for minutes. I am just wondering if this is normal or if the water is supposed to be clear after stirring.

BrianAnthony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine sounds like yours... As long as you let it settle about an hour after you mix it and b4 you use it... You'll be fine. Make sure your ATO isn't pulling the fallout from the bottom. You prolly know this.. but you only use the clearer stuff from the top.

SeaworthyAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want to mix as little as possible. Kalk will react with CO2 and create calcium carbonate this is the film on top and the cloudiness. It will still be safe and usable, but the mix weakens from the result of this reaction. Stir less and it will settle and clear and work better.

eraser2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi
You need to wait few hours to get it clear. I really not fan to put in the ATO, but in the past, I put in a container and mixed. Wait 8 hrs to get clear solution and discard the white stuff at bottom

OP
OP
S

samrggzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
You need to wait few hours to get it clear. I really not fan to put in the ATO, but in the past, I put in a container and mixed. Wait 8 hrs to get clear solution and discard the white stuff at bottom
Okay thank you I will sart doing this now

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%

Back