View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started like this
18cbb4a07ad890087bb160bb8db40ddb.jpg

Now looks like this
ac2263119c091efc5112e9e24f787dd3.jpg

lol your before picture looks identical to my current setup. Any progress/tutorial pics?

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a believer that electronics don’t belong in your stand. Too much water, humidity, salt spray, etc. if you want your controllers to last they need to be away from the water. At first that was the end table they lived on which got them off the floor (to avoid water) and away from the humidity of the stand. The external cabinet was the next step to ensure moisture and electronics didn’t meet up.

I have to send my DOS in to get the board replaced due to a leaky overflow above the DOS that leaked in through the top of the DOS and caused the board to corrode. Now my 2 DOS’s will get their own cabinet to keep them away from humidity under the tank.

Len

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work.

One Q- how did you do the orange frame part? I’ve been trying to figure out a way of doing large curved radius like that with a router, but can’t find a template

Cheers!

I made it completly out of MDF, then caulked and painted multiple times.

I made a master template that took while to make. Clamped it down and used router. After I made all four corners, I clamped them together, and sanded together. Then ripped straight pieces to size. Then assembled boarder.

I pre layed out the board, before I made it that size. That board only controls display, and all my other Neptune controls for other tanks are in a different location ;)

20190125_225357.jpg

20190126_154727.jpg

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made it completly out of MDF, then caulked and painted multiple times.

I made a master template that took while to make. Clamped it down and used router. After I made all four corners, I clamped them together, and sanded together. Then ripped straight pieces to size. Then assembled boarder.

I pre layed out the board, before I made it that size. That board only controls display, and all my other Neptune controls for other tanks are in a different location ;)

20190125_225357.jpg

20190126_154727.jpg

That’s the process I was thinking. Came out GREAT!!

Thanks

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My Apex is install is spread across a pretty large setup and is pretty much all mounted out of site below two tanks and also out in my life support shed. This is an custom cylinder tank install I did about 10 days ago.

I still need to install the LED lights once they get their canopy and stand covering done which is about 4weeks out. Also need to clean up the wires in the sump shed. I was too tired to monkey with that when I was done with the install. I will do that when I go back to install the LED's once their canopy is done.

The controller board I made attaches to the steel stand with magnets. The top row on the board contains 2 VDM modules and an LSM. There are 4 Tunze 6255 controllers mounted to the board those. All are controlled by one of the VDM's. The 2nd VDM is for the Reef Brite XHO LED's that will eventually illuminate this display.
image_zpse1lnmcjb.jpeg

image_zpsnomadrh6.jpeg

image_zpskhcxhfdj.jpeg

There is obviously a lot going on in the shed. An EB8 and EB4 provide the power and control for the return pump, skimmer, chiller, heaters, algae scrubber, UV Sterilzer, ATO Pump, ventilation fans and more. The Apex acts as the failsafe for the heaters and chiller which also have dedicated controllers. There is also a PM1 in the shed to provide I/O ports for the custom breakout box and also an ALD module for the leak detection. When I buried the lines in the ground for this system, we ran an extra 1.5" line between the shed and display for the Aquabus cable between the tank and shed as well as an ALD sensor extension for leak detection under the display.
image_zpsljctjdxz.jpeg

Wasn’t this on LA Fish Guys?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back