0   0   0
Marine depot mounting board

CAF22A31-A670-4EF1-8CFA-67D35BA38054.png

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I researched that but unfortunately it doesn't work (data vs. power). I just need to do some more research or just use an old laptop perhaps. I like the idea of mounting a tablet though because it looks cool :)
I tried to go down this road a while back. Came to the same conclusion about the laptop. Let me know if you figure something out. Now my senye is just a par meter...

GTM42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out Tristan’s reef on YouTube, he has an awesome setup that isn’t too difficult. It is very clean and has viewing panels so you can see everything. He also has his reef octopus skimmer controller and a few other if I’m not mistaken.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
These are great!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
well i finally rewired and almost finished my setup. I still need to hide some of the wires and replace some of the white extensions with black ones so they dont stand out but 95% done. Now i need to work on more dynamic and corrective programming so the system can not only warn but take corrective action to a degree.
IMG_0030.jpg

You win..

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You won a feature on FB, IG and email tonight! Lol!
im famous...
it really has been great and the apex gear and programming has made my system run seamless with minimal maintenance.
I can't wait to get a trident or equivalent so testing and dosing can be dialed in better...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I think I finally found my solution...I found this at Home Depot:
upload_2016-1-4_15-41-52.png

I'm staining it black to match the tank stand. Not the biggest, but it should work!
You got it. Just a base to mount on and youre IN

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My Apex is install is spread across a pretty large setup and is pretty much all mounted out of site below two tanks and also out in my life support shed. This is an custom cylinder tank install I did about 10 days ago.

I still need to install the LED lights once they get their canopy and stand covering done which is about 4weeks out. Also need to clean up the wires in the sump shed. I was too tired to monkey with that when I was done with the install. I will do that when I go back to install the LED's once their canopy is done.

The controller board I made attaches to the steel stand with magnets. The top row on the board contains 2 VDM modules and an LSM. There are 4 Tunze 6255 controllers mounted to the board those. All are controlled by one of the VDM's. The 2nd VDM is for the Reef Brite XHO LED's that will eventually illuminate this display.
image_zpse1lnmcjb.jpeg

image_zpsnomadrh6.jpeg

image_zpskhcxhfdj.jpeg

There is obviously a lot going on in the shed. An EB8 and EB4 provide the power and control for the return pump, skimmer, chiller, heaters, algae scrubber, UV Sterilzer, ATO Pump, ventilation fans and more. The Apex acts as the failsafe for the heaters and chiller which also have dedicated controllers. There is also a PM1 in the shed to provide I/O ports for the custom breakout box and also an ALD module for the leak detection. When I buried the lines in the ground for this system, we ran an extra 1.5" line between the shed and display for the Aquabus cable between the tank and shed as well as an ALD sensor extension for leak detection under the display.
image_zpsljctjdxz.jpeg

Very tastefully done !!

Back