Show me your Radiant Wrasse

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see everyone's "Radiant Wrasses". How do they do in your reef tank? Any special requirements for them?
Looking at adding one to my wrasse dominant tank.
Thx

DanConnor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, not much of a photo, but here's mine from 2006. Don't recall any negatives- nice fish.

radiant2.jpg

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a peaceful Halichoeres, though when they get larger can definitely pick at morile inverts.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried them a few times and could never get one through qt. Last one i thought was going to be all good and 3 weeks in got the old swim bladder disease. Nothing worked.

This is my Eleanor wrasse. I love them but just can't have them. I have mostly wrasses now too so it would be a little late in the game to add one as peaceful as a radiant for me. Wish I could add a pic. :(

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried them a few times and could never get one through qt. Last one i thought was going to be all good and 3 weeks in got the old swim bladder disease. Nothing worked.

This is my Eleanor wrasse. I love them but just can't have them. I have mostly wrasses now too so it would be a little late in the game to add one as peaceful as a radiant for me. Wish I could add a pic. :(
If you get another one and it develops swim bladder, check the stickies in the diease section I have a sticky of me performing a venting of the swim bladder. Or feel free to pm me!

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get another one and it develops swim bladder, check the stickies in the diease section I have a sticky of me performing a venting of the swim bladder. Or feel free to pm me!

I've seen that and its awesome. I probably misidentified it as I've had a few fish with this but none bubbled up like yours. The ones I've come across are probably more of an infection from someone not doing a good job of what you did in the video. They get a sunken belly, and swim upside down and sideways but usually still eat. And last for anywhere from a couple weeks to 6 months I had a mccoskers wrasse for. Tried every antibiotic I could get my hands on and none helped at all.

anew2thereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20160923_162633.jpg

Great fish, very active.

I just picked one up! And his eyes look like yours, with that slim grey discoloration is that normal? Or could it possibly be flukes, ich?? He's in my QT tank right now....

Thanks
Ariel

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked one up! And his eyes look like yours, with that slim grey discoloration is that normal? Or could it possibly be flukes, ich?? He's in my QT tank right now....

Thanks
Ariel

That is the reflection from my lights. Her eyes are clear. You will not see ich or flukes in the eyes btw. Wrasses usually will not fall ill to ich, they have very thick mucus. Flukes on the other hand are very common with wrasses.

In my experience qt is the choice you can make with any fish. I always do 2 rounds of Prazi as it's easy on fish. Then observe. Treat only when you have identified an sickness.

Not saying you don't but make sure you have at least 1.5 inch sand bed. Don't want them breaking their beak by hitting the glass underside.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the reflection from my lights. Her eyes are clear. You will not see ich or flukes in the eyes btw. Wrasses usually will not fall ill to ich, they have very thick mucus. Flukes on the other hand are very common with wrasses.

In my experience qt is the choice you can make with any fish. I always do 2 rounds of Prazi as it's easy on fish. Then observe. Treat only when you have identified an sickness.

Not saying you don't but make sure you have at least 1.5 inch sand bed. Don't want them breaking their beak by hitting the glass underside.
Flukes can be seen on the eyes if they are there. They will make the entire eye look cloudy or opaque. Usually the way to tell is if it is one eye and not the other.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my little guy. Only about an inch and had him about 6 weeks or so. Very active and beautiful fish! Waited over a year to find one in stock somewhere and it was worth it ;)

82DDE152-72BD-41E9-ADE4-9D8B98B5576D.jpeg

anew2thereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna show you guys a pic... I believe he has it and he's hard to a get a picture of it... but this is the best I can get of him...

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0653.JPG

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back