m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well 3/4" into 25 mm (~1")/ 32mm (~1.25") is available in sweden (which uses metric messurements) :) So that should fit then! Thanks alot for your awnser.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well 3/4" into 25 mm (~1")/ 32mm (~1.25") is available in sweden (which uses metric messurements) :) So that should fit then! Thanks alot for your awnser.

So are you doing metric piping or standard?... you said 1".

luckyfin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a reefer to the reefer [emoji41]

IMG_20161218_190224-02.jpeg

lake985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's one gentleman on here that said the electrical conduit adapter is a much closer thread pitch to the metric... requiring a standard amount of Teflon tape. However, they are a lighter grey color than schedule 80... and I'm picky on everything matching. My old plumbing setup on my 450 was perfectly fine for over a year. So I did not hesitate to use the same method of 15 wraps on my new orange plumbing setup.

Do you recall if he was referring to these types of electrical conduit adapters? http://www.elecdirect.com/liquid-ti...tight-connector-nylon-3-4-straight-gray-88405

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice tanks everyone!

jsbull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thor2j

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

lake985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's it as I am the one who posted it. Works perfect with normal Teflon tape. They come in 3/4 and 1" male. I used the 1".

Awesome, thanks for confirming. I'm trying to wrap my head around plumbing my new XL425. So thankful for everyone's posts.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, got my reefer 250 and am needing to level the stand. I have stained concrete floors (in a rental, can't do a self leveling concrete overlay)
The stand is off very little right to left. Front to back needs adjusting, front needs to be raised up a bit. But I noticed the feet are not touching the floor in the back/sides as it sits right now. I'm thinking I should shim under each foot, anyone else done it this way? Or have other ideas? I've used the felt sliders before to level a smaller setup before..

Saw lots of folks that took the feet off, but I would prefer to keep them if possible.

burtbollinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad helped me level...our hardwood floor was slightly off. I used clear furnature coasters I bought from Lowes. We used only 2 of the 4....both went on the back peg feet on the side of tank. My guess is you wont shim each foot...only two of them. Try to do this before you put sump in the stand, btw.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad helped me level...our hardwood floor was slightly off. I used clear furnature coasters I bought from Lowes. We used only 2 of the 4....both went on the back peg feet on the side of tank. My guess is you wont shim each foot...only two of them. Try to do this before you put sump in the stand, btw.
Yeah, the thing is at least 4 feet are not touching the ground and I can't see what's happening on the rear wall feet. The 2 back feet on each side are in the air. I think the center beam is maybe on a slightly raised spot. I thought about maybe putting felt sliders on the feet not touching cause that would be enough to make them reach the floor...
This is the spot it has to go according to the wife, so I just gotta figure out how to make it work
Oh, and thanks for mentioning about the sump. I am working to get the stand level before putting in the sump or tank.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 47 42.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 52 46.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back