JustAnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the 250 owners out there, I'd like to recommend Innovative Marine's Hydrofill Ti Reservoir. It fits nicely and the pull out drawer makes refilling a breeze.
IMG_2453.JPG
Cmador-

Are you still happy with the IM hydrofill reservoir or do u wish u went with something larger? How many days are you getting b4 needing to refill the reservoir?

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that have use furniture grade fittings have you had T's come with a plug on one of the ends?

IMG_2216.JPG IMG_2215.JPG

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking very nice. I did something similar this weekend on my 425xl and put in some red plumbing, but still need to hook it up.

I called redsea today to order the barbed fittings, which is one of the last things I need to set up the tank (plus getting a powerhead). Unfortunately they were out. I guess i'll have to wait a couple of weeks until they restock them.

rerana%20Red%20Sea%20Reefer%20425Xl%20-%201_zps6xyi7fls.jpg

rerana%20Red%20Sea%20Reefer%20425Xl%20-%202_zpsiq57bo1d.jpg

I also called Red Sea today and they said they won't be getting any for 5-6 weeks :(

Rory's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really thinking about adding some sand to my tank. Looking at the Tropic Eden sand which do you suggest and how much for the 250?

I used 40lbs of special grade agar-alive and it worked perfect for what I was going for. I have a shallow sand bed about 1" deep on average and I like the more consistent grain size from some of the other caribsea sands. They're not to big or to small IMO. I've never used the Tropic Eden, but I've read several reviews from people who like it.

SlvrZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes to change the stock valve on the drain pipe to a Spears Gate Valve
Ah, just do what I did. I bought a few adaptors and cut it in there. I posted pix a few pages back. My drain is using the old original drain :)

jsbull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes to change the stock valve on the drain pipe to a Spears Gate Valve

There are a lot of posts in this really long thread showing how to do this with hard plumbing. Short version is to unscrew the barb, use a bunch of Teflon tape and screw in a 3/4" MPT to slip converter. Boom! Hard plumbed.

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of posts in this really long thread showing how to do this with hard plumbing. Short version is to unscrew the barb, use a bunch of Teflon tape and screw in a 3/4" MPT to slip converter. Boom! Hard plumbed.

Maybe you miss understood but Im not asking how to do that, I know how to do it. Someone asked why i needed the barbed fitting and that was my answer to them.

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 9.10.59 PM.png

SlvrZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you miss understood but Im not asking how to do that, I know how to do it. Someone asked why i needed the barbed fitting and that was my answer to them.

That's how I did mine, just cut off the stock one lol
Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 9.10.59 PM.png
IMAG4499.jpg

drgibby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been reading this thread for the last couple days because im leaning heavily on getting a reefer either 250 or 350... I would love the extra space of the 350 but dont like the extra price. Where has everyone found the best deals of there reefer? Also the wife wants a white cabinet so right there im already out another 100 on the tank.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been reading this thread for the last couple days because im leaning heavily on getting a reefer either 250 or 350... I would love the extra space of the 350 but dont like the extra price. Where has everyone found the best deals of there reefer? Also the wife wants a white cabinet so right there im already out another 100 on the tank.

If you are in the US wait until @Bulk Reef Supply has their monthly group buy. Keep an eye on this forum ( http://reef2reef.com/forums/bulk-reef-supply.703/ ). Group buy should be starting 2nd weekend of each month, I think. I earned enough points when I bought my 250 that it nearly paid for my Reef Octopus VarioS-6 return pump through the group buy.

saltwater newby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4631.JPG
IMG_4630.JPG
IMG_4631.JPG
IMG_4630.JPG

Here's my reefer 350
It's 1 year old this month :)
I have a jaebo dosing pump set up for alk and cal and nopox.
I run a bubble magus curve7, BRS calcium reactor.
Deep water aquatics return pump
2 kessil 360 we w/spectra controller
Maxpect gyre 130
302 aquatics algae scrubber
1 small korelia power head
So far so good, nitrates are finally near 0 and all other parameters have been stable. Now just hoping to see some coral growth. Fish have been nice and fat :)

cmador

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cmador-

Are you still happy with the IM hydrofill reservoir or do u wish u went with something larger? How many days are you getting b4 needing to refill the reservoir?

Yes, I've been very happy it. The drawer that pulls out makes refilling a breeze compared to the struggle I had before with just a basic container. I get about a week out of it depending on how much heat I have to run.

jazzmik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Broadfield or anyone else with the Oxydator.

Which section in sump is it best placed? Skimmer or return? Keep in mind I'm using the stock 450 sump.

Last edited:

Themako1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just though I would throw in another tip for this modification. If you use the oatley fast tape(you can get it at Home Depot or lowes) you only need 6 wraps of teflon tape. I have my tank setup for about a week and don't have any leaks.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back