DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think @DLHDesign might have replaced his sponge with a marinepure block.
I did for a bit, but the ones I have (the 8x8x1 blocks) didn't fit very well. I didn't want them knocking about and/or potentially crumbling apart. So I put the sponge back and just put the blocks in the back of the sump floor. I've got three of those blocks in my sump. I've got no idea on my aluminum levels, but I have a leather coral that's been in my tank for a while and it's doubled in size since I've gotten it, so it's doing well, I think.

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know where the cutouts needed to be on the AA top so I mounted the lights on an aluminum rail.
IMG_1682.JPG

reeferparty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of lights are you using/concerned with? If its a single Radion or similar mount, the overflow is cutout on the AA lids, so mounting it on the rear glass in the overflow (with the notched out door) would be an option. Otherwise, you would have to get the lid notched out and then there could be some issues - BUT when I spoke with AA about my build, they said that small "feed door" type inserts would cover the notch outs if needed.

Currently running 2 kessil 360s with goosenecks but will soon be going with the fixed A-arm mounts. And eventually once tank matures go with an AP700

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know where the cutouts needed to be on the AA top so I mounted the lights on an aluminum rail.
IMG_1682.JPG

Very clean!!! I am using the A Series mounts with the 160's right now. The mounts are awesome, but for me a pain because I have to run power and a 3.5mm cable down to control the lights. How has your experience been with controlling the light?

Time for a fire sale and upgrade! hahaha

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all just got my new reefer 350 up and running. I have a few questions for everyone here:

1) is anyone running a lid/screen? I will be keeping wrasses and I'm thinking of artfully acrylic but they're very pricey. Does anyone have one? Please post some pictures! Or is there another manufacturer you guys recommend?

2) Is anyone running marine pure plate/blocks in place of the stock filter pad? What size are you running?

Reef350 also.
1) I did the DIY screen from BRS. I'm sure the acrylic ones are nice, but it was too much money for me. I don't believe the DIY takes away from the look at all. Regarding light mounts, I initially had AI primes on the back of the my tank so I cut the screen ~1.5" away from the back to leave room for the mounts. When I removed those and switched to T5's I redid the screen top with the extra parts included in the BRS kit and extended the screen all the way to the back. The BRS kit includes enough mesh to redo the screen 5-6 times (maybe more). I glued a couple pieces of acrylic to the screen frame for support in the front, and use the overflow box to support it in the back. BRS also sells some tabs to mount the screen flush. I don't have a good pic of just the screen, but here's a FTS:
DSC_2301.jpg

2) I have a marinepure block (8x4x4) and also a brightwell Xport Bio plate under my skimmer. They are basically the same material. I did see elevated Al levels on my first Triton test, but the next test showed much lower levels.
Oct test
upload_2017-1-17_14-43-37-png.460633

Jan test
upload_2017-1-17_14-43-15-png.460632

Danny1496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef350 also.
1) I did the DIY screen from BRS. I'm sure the acrylic ones are nice, but it was too much money for me. I don't believe the DIY takes away from the look at all. Regarding light mounts, I initially had AI primes on the back of the my tank so I cut the screen ~1.5" away from the back to leave room for the mounts. When I removed those and switched to T5's I redid the screen top with the extra parts included in the BRS kit and extended the screen all the way to the back. The BRS kit includes enough mesh to redo the screen 5-6 times (maybe more). I glued a couple pieces of acrylic to the screen frame for support in the front, and use the overflow box to support it in the back. BRS also sells some tabs to mount the screen flush. I don't have a good pic of just the screen, but here's a FTS:
DSC_2301.jpg

2) I have a marinepure block (8x4x4) and also a brightwell Xport Bio plate under my skimmer. They are basically the same material. I did see elevated Al levels on my first Triton test, but the next test showed much lower levels.
Oct test
upload_2017-1-17_14-43-37-png.460633

Jan test
upload_2017-1-17_14-43-15-png.460632
Al is for aluminum right

saltwater newby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4714.JPG
Hey all just got my new reefer 350 up and running. I have a few questions for everyone here:

1) is anyone running a lid/screen? I will be keeping wrasses and I'm thinking of artfully acrylic but they're very pricey. Does anyone have one? Please post some pictures! Or is there another manufacturer you guys recommend?

2) Is anyone running marine pure plate/blocks in place of the stock filter pad? What size are you running?

This is my Red Sea reefer 350
I bought the kit from BRS
easy to do

Ishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought you guys may be interested in something I made for my Reefer today, Trickier than I thought but got there in the end.:)

REEFER UNION.jpg

ReeferDude916

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my Reefer 170 with an Artfully Acrylic top. I love how clean and low profile it is. Definitely worth the money. I also use a LeRusso Kessil mount for my A360 from California Reef Co. I mounted it to the back of the cabinet so I didn't have to cut the overflow lid. I'm also running Marine Pure Spheres in the return section of my sump. Dumped in the 2 quart box.

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

Scarybo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"NEW RED SEA REEFER XXL !!!

Teaser, look what is coming soon from Red Sea.

Full details on the Reefer XXL range and the Reefer Peninsula range coming soon.

Prices to be confirmed shortly as well as an introductory offer.

Peninsula Systems
The REEFER™ Peninsula style systems feature ultra-clear glass on all 3 open sides of the aquarium offering a captivating, multidimensional view of the reefscape and make them perfect as room dividers which create intimate yet open spaces in any home or office. These 60cm high aquariums are set on 100cm tall cabinets that can be assembled with the doors opening on either side to suit the layout of the room. With lengths of 1.25m & 1.6m respectively and including all the features of Reefer systems, these high-quality systems offer total net operating volumes of 500 & 650 litres respectively.

REEFER™ XXL
With net operating volumes of 625 & 750 litres the new REEFER™ XXL’s are impressive full-sized reef systems available in lengths of 1.5m & 1.8m respectively. The new XXL format of 65cm wide and 60cm high make them significantly bigger than the regular REEFER™ /REEFER™ XL, and provide unsurpassed depth and dimension to the reefscape. Both models are constructed using 19mm ultra-clear glass for both strength and viewing quality and have all the same great features as the current REEFER™ range."

I love these new tanks. This means I have to go big on Valentine's Day to build up credit so I can get a purchase approval.. Time to be the perfect husband.

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CO2 scrubber media lasted 5 days this time. BRS stuff came yesterday so decided to load that up tonight and see how long it lasts. They claim theirs lasts longer, it is certainly smaller than the stuff I was using. Definitely seeing new growth on most things since I started doing this. I'm sure that would have happened with just the outside air line as well.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's here..... this might look familiar to this thread!

20170202_161620.jpg

Sweet, you got it! But in the picture, that lower left vent opening looks bent inwards!?! Is that true?... it was not like that when I shipped it... it was literally perfect in every way.

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very clean!!! I am using the A Series mounts with the 160's right now. The mounts are awesome, but for me a pain because I have to run power and a 3.5mm cable down to control the lights. How has your experience been with controlling the light?

Time for a fire sale and upgrade! hahaha
I got on the beta program, the controls are much better. I've been working to much to be a good beta tester but I'm pretty happy with the current beta version.
Didn't I get the idea of using 8020 from you?

Back