fredjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I understand you correctly, your pump is pumping water back into the main tank faster than the water is going back to the sump. Which if that's the case, it sounds like your pump is pumping water too fast and needs to be turned down during water changes, if possible, then turned back to regular flow.

Albz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I understand you correctly, your pump is pumping water back into the main tank faster than the water is going back to the sump. Which if that's the case, it sounds like your pump is pumping water too fast and needs to be turned down during water changes, if possible, then turned back to regular flow.

I turn off my pump when i do water changes... what my problem is ill find the exactly flow from pump to drain but when i turn off water pump for water changes either the water drains faster than pump pumps or other way aound than i gotta adjust the drain valve till i find the exact flow...

Albz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I turn off my pump when i do water changes... what my problem is ill find the exactly flow from pump to drain but when i turn off water pump for water changes either the water drains faster than pump pumps or other way aound than i gotta adjust the drain valve till i find the exact flow...

Hope this made sense lol

Tofty85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help guys!! So im having a problem. Right when i find the steady flow from pump and drain it all goes well till i turn off my pump for water changes and than either my pump pumps faster than drain or drain, drains after than pump; pumps.... wtff whyy is this happening! I have a jebao dcs 3000 on my reefer170
I have this same issue with my jebao dc6000 on my 250, I've tried lots of different things to stop it, in the end i marked the red sea drain valve where it works silent, so after pump has been off i crack the valve open a bit more, turn the pump on leave it for 5 minutes, then put it back to where my mark is, all goes back to normal. It's a pain but 2nd nature now, i also have to turn off my ATO pump because of the fluctuating water level in the sump

reeferparty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many inches of water in your return chamber? Mine seems to always be on the low end at 5-5.5"

Tofty85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My water level is set to just under the corner tab for the float valve, not sure how many inches, i raised it a little when i got rid of the red sea top off setup

reeferparty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still running the stock ATO since I don't have space to hook up my tunze. So I'd like to hear from people still running the stock ATO.

becks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still running the stock ATO since I don't have space to hook up my tunze. So I'd like to hear from people still running the stock ATO.

I never adjusted mine I just left it how it came from the factory I guess an inch under the corner tab?? I have a dcs6000 in my sump and it don't cause any issues

Albz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this same issue with my jebao dc6000 on my 250, I've tried lots of different things to stop it, in the end i marked the red sea drain valve where it works silent, so after pump has been off i crack the valve open a bit more, turn the pump on leave it for 5 minutes, then put it back to where my mark is, all goes back to normal. It's a pain but 2nd nature now, i also have to turn off my ATO pump because of the fluctuating water level in the sump

Oh man if i hav to do this everyweek after water changes im going to lose it.... so im guessing its the pumps fault eh??

reeferparty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never adjusted mine I just left it how it came from the factory I guess an inch under the corner tab?? I have a dcs6000 in my sump and it don't cause any issues

Hm I don't know why my level is so slow in the return chamber; it barely covers my return pump. I'm running a sicce 4.0. I wouldn't consider it to be overly powerful. Ill try figuring how to adjust it

fredjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many inches of water in your return chamber? Mine seems to always be on the low end at 5-5.5"
if I measure from the inside of the sump i'm right a 6 inches and my pump is 2 inches under the water on my 350. not sure if this helps you.

Tofty85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man if i hav to do this everyweek after water changes im going to lose it.... so im guessing its the pumps fault eh??
From what i read into a while ago, i do believe it is the jebao DC pumps

Tofty85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well might save up for a m1 pump i guess cause this already is ******* me off and its only been 3 weeks lol
Lol .. that's the pump i will be getting. If it helps any I've noticed an improvement on mine since I've turned it down to 3 lights instead of 5

Trey302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Albz where are you keeping the water level in the overflow? I've had trouble the entire time I've had my 250 set up keeping the water level consistent so I feel your pain. Any slight fluctuation in flow or after I turn the pump off and back on it always causes the water level to change and usually go in the emergency drain. When reading through this thread I tried running mine an inch or so below the emergency drain but that didn't seem to work for me. Once I adjusted the water level a little lower it seems like I've had better luck with it at least staying quiet. My guess is that if it does fluctuate keeping the water level a little lower gives me more room before the return starts making noise. I still have to make minor adjustments from time to time but it's a lot better than it was before.

I actually just received a new drain valve from Red Sea to see if that solves the problem but I haven't had time to install it yet. If you look back a few pages we actually just discussed this very topic. It seems like some of us have had problems keeping the water level consistent, while others never have any problems at all. I would suggest trying to adjust the water level maybe 6-8 inches below the emergency drain and see if that helps.

Albz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Albz where are you keeping the water level in the overflow? I've had trouble the entire time I've had my 250 set up keeping the water level consistent so I feel your pain. Any slight fluctuation in flow or after I turn the pump off and back on it always causes the water level to change and usually go in the emergency drain. When reading through this thread I tried running mine an inch or so below the emergency drain but that didn't seem to work for me. Once I adjusted the water level a little lower it seems like I've had better luck with it at least staying quiet. My guess is that if it does fluctuate keeping the water level a little lower gives me more room before the return starts making noise. I still have to make minor adjustments from time to time but it's a lot better than it was before.

I actually just received a new drain valve from Red Sea to see if that solves the problem but I haven't had time to install it yet. If you look back a few pages we actually just discussed this very topic. It seems like some of us have had problems keeping the water level consistent, while others never have any problems at all. I would suggest trying to adjust the water level maybe 6-8 inches below the emergency drain and see if that helps.

Well i keep my water level right about and inch and a bit of the emergency, like theres days thats stays right there and if i turn off my pump or put feed mode it loses thst after and have to do adjustment again which its a headache...im going to try it a bit lower but that probably will change right when i do water chance cause tiny bit of extra water added it changes the hight of it... this shouldn't happen... got no time to do that all the dam time lol...

Back