sithrico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1db9522c442b10941a890d10bfd5e24c.jpg
Does it return to the pump area or the return area, so any algae get picked up by the filter bags?

Rory's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I've decided to redo my sump and all the plumbing, I've decided to jump on the Aquamaxx reactor bandwagon. I figured I can get two of the XS under my 250 so I can run GFO and Carbon separately, instead of in one reactor. I haven't been able to work out the complete schematics yet, but have worked it out in my mind to be a modification of what Broadfield has done. If anyone has already plumbed two of these reactors into a 250 I'd love to see pictures :).

fullsizeoutput_370.jpeg

Mystikal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I've decided to redo my sump and all the plumbing, I've decided to jump on the Aquamaxx reactor bandwagon. I figured I can get two of the XS under my 250 so I can run GFO and Carbon separately, instead of in one reactor. I haven't been able to work out the complete schematics yet, but have worked it out in my mind to be a modification of what Broadfield has done. If anyone has already plumbed two of these reactors into a 250 I'd love to see pictures :).

fullsizeoutput_370.jpeg

This was my original plan as well. If you look at my cabinet (the page before) you will see I built my manifold with the intention, thus I currently have two gate valves. In turn I used the second gate valve for a return straight to the fuge. You can build your manifold the same way just add the second Reactor. There's more than enough room for both .

Rory's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my original plan as well. If you look at my cabinet (the page before) you will see I built my manifold with the intention, thus I currently have two gate valves. In turn I used the second gate valve for a return straight to the fuge. You can build your manifold the same way just add the second Reactor. There's more than enough room for both .

Oh yes, plenty of room. I'm just looking for other ideas more or less. I didn't even see you're reactor in the back there when I first looked. Nice setup!

Jackooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fullsizeoutput_370.jpeg
Work in progress.

09DD2BED-5A45-4DCF-93FF-457BBAB3C215_zpsrllzhkpi.jpg

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my sump light from Amazon that several people in here bought broke (OxyLED T-02S.) Was just doing a water change and it was dying so went to charge it and the connector for charging fell right out. It gets charged maybe once a month so this would have been about the 6th time. Guess I shouldn't expect great quality for $18. Going to call them tomorrow and see if they will replace it. Or maybe I will just get the 36 led one as this 20 led could be a bit brighter.

Rory's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60% that's crazy. If I do that in my tank everything is flying and the fishing are hiding. At most mine are set at 25% in any mode.

Interesting. My fish seem to do just fine. I like I said though, I do have mine on the back wall, and they're pointing directly at the back of my rock structures so the flow isn't as high as it would be on the sides.

Rory's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Work in progress.

09DD2BED-5A45-4DCF-93FF-457BBAB3C215_zpsrllzhkpi.jpg
Nice setup. Are your going to be able to get that back to the return pipe going up? Looks like a tight fit lol. Good to know I can hang them straight down though if I need to. I was worried I wouldn't be able to. I think my new sump is about an inch taller though so I'd have to shorten the connections. Thanks for sharing.

Jackooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup. Are your going to be able to get that back to the return pipe going up? Looks like a tight fit lol. Good to know I can hang them straight down though if I need to. I was worried I wouldn't be able to. I think my new sump is about an inch taller though so I'd have to shorten the connections. Thanks for sharing.

Yea there is plenty of room to the return pipe. Just a tight squeeze to the overflow valve which I will be replacing eventually with a spear gate valve and lowering it to get more room. I am waiting for the Neptune FMK to include into the manifold so I have more unions the necessary to make adjustments later.
I don't have a recent picture but I finished the manifold today. Tomorrow I will install it and test for leaks.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up another 40 gallon container from Rural King. The 65 and 75 gallon containers used to ship for free, I wanted to grab another 40 gallon before he shipping goes up to $150 on it.

D909A44D-AF80-46D9-9BFA-0796BB7D824C_zpst5huwwza.jpg

Also in preparation for some fish I want an a vacation I got the Neptune AFS and Building an Obsession feeding ring.

00AF98D1-6D70-4F11-9821-66BFBB56856D_zpsj5owvydo.jpg

E208060B-9DA8-433F-8210-74EF5C3B9657_zpsuurepriz.png

50FE4735-9E7C-4B33-BA80-CA54BC81F9B4_zpsoyssqrmu.png

14F70602-99AB-4EBA-BD30-DFC9AFFB0C7E_zpscntwm9l7.png

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 6 months, I think I finally have things setup the way I wanted from the start. Have 2 EB832 for my Apex, return pump and wav pumps running on one, connected to UPS for short term power outages. Have everything else plugged into the other EB832 and that is in the surge protection only part of the UPS. For longer term power outages I have a generator that I can easily run all 4 of my tanks on along with other stuff in the house if needed.

Now I can start planning when I can upgrade the JBJ-45, that is in the same room as the XL425, with a Reefer 250.

Jackooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea there is plenty of room to the return pipe. Just a tight squeeze to the overflow valve which I will be replacing eventually with a spear gate valve and lowering it to get more room. I am waiting for the Neptune FMK to include into the manifold so I have more unions the necessary to make adjustments later.
I don't have a recent picture but I finished the manifold today. Tomorrow I will install it and test for leaks.
24C854BF-E57C-4AFC-9EFD-A5C200E957A1_zpsjol7x8lg.jpg

Mystikal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liking the color! How's that dosing unit? I'm thinking about jumping on the bandwagon!

Also what magnet scrapers are/is everyone using?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back