5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Something different...
My LFS sold this on my behalf as a Christmas present. Wife bought it for her reefer husband. I got half of the $1,200 sale price. Classic Tricolor Valida.

IMG-4750.JPG

OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thats beautiful! Love the colours and definitely expensive
Something different...
My LFS sold this on my behalf as a Christmas present. Wife bought it for her reefer husband. I got half of the $1,200 sale price. Classic Tricolor Valida.

IMG-4750.JPG

CryptoNautical

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Its a very pretty piece! How much for it?
Ooooooo too much. I paid 450 for it :/
I love the coral don't get me wrong, always willing to eat, but I wish it was cheaper. Then again I think we all wish for cheaper coral in this hobby

Reef Chasers Aquaculture

Mr_Knightley

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I've had my most expensive coral for nearly four years at this point, I bought it for a price I'm still unwilling to disclose and at a reasonable size for the coral species in question. It started out blood red with a striking green rim, then slowly evolved to a more suffused pinkish gold color, until finally one day it turned invisible! In fact, all of my other corals of that species turned invisible at the same time, and the neat thing about invisible coral is that you can keep it above water to display on a desk. SO that's what I do. In total, this pit of invisible corals ran me $1,200. And now, I don't even have to go downstairs to enjoy them! They just sit on my desk.

Satire aside, Acanthophyllia is my favorite coral, and also the most consistently expensive genus in the hobby. However, they absolutely HATE warm tanks and do best at temps below 72f. I ran my tank at 80f, so it was only a matter of time before the heat got to them. It's sad, but you live and learn.

IMG_2943.JPG

OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I've had my most expensive coral for nearly four years at this point, I bought it for a price I'm still unwilling to disclose and at a reasonable size for the coral species in question. It started out blood red with a striking green rim, then slowly evolved to a more suffused pinkish gold color, until finally one day it turned invisible! In fact, all of my other corals of that species turned invisible at the same time, and the neat thing about invisible coral is that you can keep it above water to display on a desk. SO that's what I do. In total, this pit of invisible corals ran me $1,200. And now, I don't even have to go downstairs to enjoy them! They just sit on my desk.

Satire aside, Acanthophyllia is my favorite coral, and also the most consistently expensive genus in the hobby. However, they absolutely HATE warm tanks and do best at temps below 72f. I ran my tank at 80f, so it was only a matter of time before the heat got to them. It's sad, but you live and learn.

IMG_2943.JPG
man that sucks. Looking at those skeletons pains me

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Peninsula Reef Tanks...

• I currently have one

Votes: 29 22.8%
  • I used to have one set up

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I would like to try one in the future

Votes: 68 53.5%
  • No interest