Show us your (bare) bottom!

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who keeps a BB tank? I know that many horse keepers prefer bb tanks for their horses health and wellness. I thought it would be cool to see some pictures of your bb tanks! I personally still have substrate but, I am one step closer every day to going bb.
Show us your bottom! ;)

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No doubt you have already seen mine but here it is. I painted it to look like sand and its not bad. Its a bit sterile looking and of course algae grows on it but I love being able to syphon out the debris and dirt.

OP
OP
I'm a natural blue

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No doubt you have already seen mine but here it is. I painted it to look like sand and its not bad. Its a bit sterile looking and of course algae grows on it but I love being able to syphon out the debris and dirt.
I have seen your tank before and I love it! I don't find it sterile at all. Very neat and tidy! I'm not sure if it's the app, but your pic came up with a big red X and I can't see it.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen your tank before and I love it! I don't find it sterile at all. Very neat and tidy! I'm not sure if it's the app, but your pic came up with a big red X and I can't see it.
Thank you for the kind words. Ha ha, yes neat and tidy is a more accurate description when all the glass is clean. My tank is actually beginning to teem with micro life, copepods, amphipods, micro stars and who knows what else, so sterile is a poor word to describe my tank. It is almost too tidy and neat however.

Yes, I used photobucket and I can't seem to do what I need to post pics. I even switched to flickr but on my tablet that is not working either. Uhhhhg, technology! Just when I figure it out, it changes LOL.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is mine...

20170728_132620.jpg

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What kind of fish do you have other than the hippo? I love the low profile of your aquascape!
Thanks. There is a small clown, 3 lyretail and one six line but they are quite small. I like mostly SPS but have a lot of acans, few zoas and favias.

OP
OP
I'm a natural blue

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I have and love the acans and zoa's too. Sps are beautiful, and I admire them, but we don't paly well together....LOL
Thanks. There is a small clown, 3 lyretail and one six line but they are quite small. I like mostly SPS but have a lot of acans, few zoas and favias.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice. I have and love the acans and zoa's too. Sps are beautiful, and I admire them, but we don't paly well together....LOL
Haha ....yeah it took me some time to train them to stay together but now I can say all my corals are happy together. Bare bottom helps me to keep thing tidy and my snail army clean up every bit of algae on the floor.

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry didn't realize this was the seahorse forum... I'm off topic

OP
OP
I'm a natural blue

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pictu
Who keeps a BB tank? I know that many horse keepers prefer bb tanks for their horses health and wellness. I thought it would be cool to see some pictures of your bb tanks! I personally still have substrate but, I am one step closer every day to going bb.
Show us your bottom! ;)
Even though I have substrate I thought I'd at least share my tank with you all. Taken today. I have some new gorg's in there still settling in.
Left
20170804_180452.jpg

Right
20170804_180501.jpg

FTS
20170804_180407.jpg

Meet Clyde.....my main man!
20170804_181048.jpg

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1373.JPG
New start, Reefer 170, with a lot of red banded trochius for cleenup. The entire trochius gang were releasing sperm last week, what a site. Yeah, more baby trochius!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back