Show us your giganteas!

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There’s a healthy H. magnifica showoff thread, and yet none for S. giganteas, so let’s start one!

There are some notable giganteas on this forum, and if you’re like me, you’re partly in this hobby to keep and care for these gorgeous creatures.

Let’s see ‘em!

Here are my Blue and Lime green. They’ve been with me since 2020, got them from @Asagi at BlueKai at 3” and both now easily 10-12” across.

IMG_1735.jpeg
IMG_1739.jpeg

IMG_0077.jpeg
IMG_0076.jpeg

Asagi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a healthy H. magnifica showoff thread, and yet none for S. giganteas, so let’s start one!

There are some notable giganteas on this forum, and if you’re like me, you’re partly in this hobby to keep and care for these gorgeous creatures.

Let’s see ‘em!

Here are my Blue and Lime green. They’ve been with me since 2020, got them from @Asagi at BlueKai at 3” and both now easily 10-12” across.

IMG_1735.jpeg
IMG_1739.jpeg

IMG_0077.jpeg
IMG_0076.jpeg

Great job!! I’m actually on a mission this coming weekend to soirée more. I relocated and have a tank setup that’s only about 4 months old. I miss my gigs!!

OP
OP
argiBK

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great job!! I’m actually on a mission this coming weekend to soirée more. I relocated and have a tank setup that’s only about 4 months old. I miss my gigs!!

Wouldn’t have been possible without your expert treatment! I just upgraded to a 180 and am tempted to get a 3rd ;)

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my insta. Nobody wants the tan ones.
You're wrong about that ...I'll take ANY color out there ..even some that I got with a drab brown color initially = colored up and look really nice under full intensity radion xr30's ..Blast them with light and good flow , and you'd be surprised at how they turn out.

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen the tan variants develop faint multiple colors under high spectrum, high intensity light.

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to put a video up of one of my tanks with GIGS...the ones on the right are about 16" in dia now ..only 4" when I bought them 2 yrs ago... SEE BELOW VIDEO

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back