Show us your giganteas!

argiBK

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2020
Messages
715
Reaction score
694
Location
Brooklyn, NY
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There’s a healthy H. magnifica showoff thread, and yet none for S. giganteas, so let’s start one!

There are some notable giganteas on this forum, and if you’re like me, you’re partly in this hobby to keep and care for these gorgeous creatures.

Let’s see ‘em!

Here are my Blue and Lime green. They’ve been with me since 2020, got them from @Asagi at BlueKai at 3” and both now easily 10-12” across.

IMG_1735.jpeg
IMG_1739.jpeg

IMG_0077.jpeg
IMG_0076.jpeg

 
Beautiful!!!
 
There’s a healthy H. magnifica showoff thread, and yet none for S. giganteas, so let’s start one!

There are some notable giganteas on this forum, and if you’re like me, you’re partly in this hobby to keep and care for these gorgeous creatures.

Let’s see ‘em!

Here are my Blue and Lime green. They’ve been with me since 2020, got them from @Asagi at BlueKai at 3” and both now easily 10-12” across.

IMG_1735.jpeg
IMG_1739.jpeg

IMG_0077.jpeg
IMG_0076.jpeg


Great job!! I’m actually on a mission this coming weekend to soirée more. I relocated and have a tank setup that’s only about 4 months old. I miss my gigs!!
 
Great job!! I’m actually on a mission this coming weekend to soirée more. I relocated and have a tank setup that’s only about 4 months old. I miss my gigs!!

Wouldn’t have been possible without your expert treatment! I just upgraded to a 180 and am tempted to get a 3rd ;)
 
From my insta. Nobody wants the tan ones.
You're wrong about that ...I'll take ANY color out there ..even some that I got with a drab brown color initially = colored up and look really nice under full intensity radion xr30's ..Blast them with light and good flow , and you'd be surprised at how they turn out.
 
I've seen the tan variants develop faint multiple colors under high spectrum, high intensity light.
 
Trying to put a video up of one of my tanks with GIGS...the ones on the right are about 16" in dia now ..only 4" when I bought them 2 yrs ago... SEE BELOW VIDEO
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new