show your fluval evo 13.5

Wee Mad Arthur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4241.jpg

Here is mine Evo 13.5. This is my 2nd attempt and It's about a year old now.

I am running the stock light and return pump but I took out the foam bock and added 'in tank' media basket and just have filter floss, Chemi-Pure, some bio balls, and a heater. For flow I placed a Tunze 6040 at the lowest setting and long pulses behind the rock work.

live stock include:
2 DaVinci Clowns, yellow watchman goby, orchid dottyback, skunk shrimp, and a few snails and hermits.
Apart form the basic pulsing xenia, GSP, and Red Mushrooms; I got an elegance coral, acan, duncan, kenya tree, some sort of leather (might be a devi's hand, would appreciate if someone can identify it for me), and bird nest, chalice coral (facing away), and a mint chip coral. oh and some zoanthus down there.

Upgrading soon to a Waterbox Reef 100.3 and I can't wait! those clowns is going to love a bigger home. might do a build thread for that

Looks really nice and shows the stock lighting isn’t as useless as some people believe.

Sam25

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really nice and shows the stock lighting isn’t as useless as some people believe.

Yea even the birdsnest coral has been growing a lot. I know it’s a bit brown form the lower light but all the polyps are out and it works. I was hesitant on getting a new light because i like the hood.

JoshO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been updating my build thread with regards to work I've done on my sump, so thought I'd share with you all as this thread pretty much covers every sump set up possible for the Evo!

I've build a basket and flow director for chamber 1 (image 1) this works brilliantly. The idea being both chambers 1 and 2 have their areas utilised, rather than the intank version which allows the flow through the bottom of chamber 1 and into the bottom of 2 where it'll quickly be drawn into 3 by the pump.
Image 2 is the general idea around flow and how I'm planning to set mine up (foam and floss are swapped on the build)
IMG_20200304_125517.jpg
Screenshot_20200304-234648~2.png

chetk123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. This is my first post. I had a 75g reef 10 yrs ago but moved and my tank was left behind. This is a pic of my new nano fluval 13.5. Just started cycling today! I have a stock light, intank media basket, jebao sw2 nano powerhead. 10lbs of marco rock, marine pure gems and a crap heater from amazon. I have an inkbird temp controller but thats it for now. Im hoping i dont have too much rock. Let me know what u guys think.

Buh bye

15839086522711503429061.jpg

kiteski14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is anyone selling a mesh LID for the evo 13.5? Or have any suggestions on which one to buy?

Hayat91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!
First post, first saltwater tank, first reef group I've joined ever. I'm a newbie, newbie, newbie! I've done a heck of a lot of youtubing and reading and finally took the plunge and got me an Evo 13.5, and set it up over the last few days. Haven't started the cycling yet, but the water's salty!
This thread has been great for inspiration and I really look forward to getting the tank rolling.
What is your guys' cycling advice? I've gotten all sorts of mixed messages to start with a cleanup crew, or a hardy fish, or frozen shrimp... Not sure where to start!
Also, is it normal that even after a couple days there's still some clouding? I used dry rock that I soaked and rinsed for half a day, plus live sand. Stock filtration stuff in the back, and no skimmer.
Here are a few shots. I had fun playing with rocks :)

20200326_220132.jpg

20200326_220032.jpg

20200326_220140.jpg

InvaderJim

Chillin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!
First post, first saltwater tank, first reef group I've joined ever. I'm a newbie, newbie, newbie! I've done a heck of a lot of youtubing and reading and finally took the plunge and got me an Evo 13.5, and set it up over the last few days. Haven't started the cycling yet, but the water's salty!
This thread has been great for inspiration and I really look forward to getting the tank rolling.
What is your guys' cycling advice? I've gotten all sorts of mixed messages to start with a cleanup crew, or a hardy fish, or frozen shrimp... Not sure where to start!
Also, is it normal that even after a couple days there's still some clouding? I used dry rock that I soaked and rinsed for half a day, plus live sand. Stock filtration stuff in the back, and no skimmer.
Here are a few shots. I had fun playing with rocks :)

20200326_220132.jpg

20200326_220032.jpg

20200326_220140.jpg
Aquascape looks really good. The cloudy-ness will go away with time. A lot of it could be stuff stuck to your glass as well making the tank appear cloudy.

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time post, first time reefer. I've had the 13.5 setup for right at 2 months now. It's Cycled.
Got the p2 skimmer in bay1, stock filter bay2, stock pump with sicce 0.5 in the mail and a aquaria 50w heater bay3, hydro 240, stock light. 15lbs dry rock, 5lbs live rock from Lfs, and Fiji pink live sand.
Stock
2 clowns
1 cleaner shrimp
2 nassarius
2 cerithe
1 trochus
Few bristleworms (hitchhikers)
Small Purple hairy mushroom frag
Small zoa frag
Feather duster

My issue is my nitrates, cant keep them down and are constantly around 10 to 20ppm.ido weekly water changes about 1-2 gallons. Top off with Rodi. I do get a decent amount of build up on the bottom of each sump compartment which I siphon out weekly. Have ceramic media under skimmer, replaced carbon pack with purigen elite in bay2 and have the bio media that came with stock filter bay2. Anyone tried leaving skimmer in bay1 and put a basket in ch2 replacing the stock filter? Just looking for a solution to the nitrate levels.

JoshO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time post, first time reefer. I've had the 13.5 setup for right at 2 months now. It's Cycled.
Got the p2 skimmer in bay1, stock filter bay2, stock pump with sicce 0.5 in the mail and a aquaria 50w heater bay3, hydro 240, stock light. 15lbs dry rock, 5lbs live rock from Lfs, and Fiji pink live sand.
Stock
2 clowns
1 cleaner shrimp
2 nassarius
2 cerithe
1 trochus
Few bristleworms (hitchhikers)
Small Purple hairy mushroom frag
Small zoa frag
Feather duster

My issue is my nitrates, cant keep them down and are constantly around 10 to 20ppm.ido weekly water changes about 1-2 gallons. Top off with Rodi. I do get a decent amount of build up on the bottom of each sump compartment which I siphon out weekly. Have ceramic media under skimmer, replaced carbon pack with purigen elite in bay2 and have the bio media that came with stock filter bay2. Anyone tried leaving skimmer in bay1 and put a basket in ch2 replacing the stock filter? Just looking for a solution to the nitrate levels.
I'd have a look at how much you feed. Nitrate is the result of food and poop breakdown. What livestock do you have?

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd have a look at how much you feed. Nitrate is the result of food and poop breakdown. What livestock do you have?

Live stock noted in original post. But I only feed once a day. Pellets. Only what the fish will consume. Anything extra gets eaten up quickly by cleaner shrimp.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 120 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 74 36.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 61 29.8%
Back