Shrimp and compatability?

Dipan Desai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this has been discussed. I would love to have a cool crew of shrimps in my 50g frag tank. My display has way too many wrasses that will probably eat any shrimp i put in there. My questions is would there be any compatibility issues? I was thinking about adding a couple aiptasia eating peppermints, Fire shrimp, and a pair of Sexy shrimps and maybe a arrow crab. Tank is a 50g low boy frag tank and will not have fish in it only snails.

Nhjmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know from experience that Filefish DEF. eat sexy shrimp. Took me a minute to figure out who the culprit was as I swore is was the nasty orchid dottyback but nope the filefish was the sexy killer :( lost 5 then just this weekend took a chance as have much better/more live rock and mini max nems in tank picked up two more sexies....they didn't last the night. I'm sick of that Filefish want it out of my tank!

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My peppermint and cleaners get along fine lol, but the one thing I would add: coral banded shrimp don’t really get along with other shrimp. They are pretty and relatively inexpensive but I wouldn't add them together with any other shrimp. I know that wasn’t on your list, but I didn’t know this at first so now display has only a banded shrimp..

I’m my softie tank i have peppermint shrimp and cleaner shrimp - and everyone gets along. I also wanted to add some sexy shrimp too. Maybe a fire shrimp. I didn’t realize how much I like the shrimp until I got a few in the tank. Mine clean my hands and arms when I’m doing maintenance lol. Fun little creatures.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back