Status
Not open for further replies.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever checked how much they raise par in comparison to actinic?
Right now I have back bank set up with 2 actinic and only pulled 25-35 par with it.
This is going to be super tricky man. I'm already throwing alot of blue with my led. Im pretty sure id have to dial led back a bit as they didnt like something last time i turned T5 on.
I cant touch led settings its what they are used to and do the best with.
I have a purple+ as well. Majority of my shrooms seem to be most forgiving with purple spectrum not sure why.
I really need to see whats up this weekend. Just need to be super careful and see how they react.
Honestly it may not work with the sticks in the lagoon. I can always dial up the Saxby settings on hydras in tank 2 and that very well may be what I have to do honestly.
Nope... never check par :) I move coral not lights.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on its a little tricky in the lagoon with flow and most shrooms already in sweet spot. Those shrooms on outer edge are sitting around 35 par fully sprawled out and couldn't be happier and never done better.
Grow shrooms they say. Shrooms are easy lol

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on its a little tricky in the lagoon with flow and most shrooms already in sweet spot. Those shrooms on outer edge are sitting around 35 par fully sprawled out and couldn't be happier and never done better.
Grow shrooms they say. Shrooms are easy lol
Right...

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go slow! Don't pull a LRT.
I love you man!
Yessir. Super slow man this may all be pipe dream honestly. Im just gonna try a cpl configurations with my bulbs and see how they react with T5 set so high. Check par and just see what I have. First sign of anything I dont like its over haha
Can't pull another LRT haha didn't I just go through this like 3 months ago?
I just gotta see man:D

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love you man!
Yessir. Super slow man this may all be pipe dream honestly. Im just gonna try a cpl configurations with my bulbs and see how they react with T5 set so high. Check par and just see what I have. First sign of anything I dont like its over haha
Can't pull another LRT haha didn't I just go through this like months ago?
I just gotta see man:D
You told me to pull the chain if you start getting all squirrely again. I said I'd remind you. Whatever you do, do it slowly.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My no par checking comes from old school reefing. My days of power compacts and metal halides. We didn't worry about spectrum or par. Lights were not adjustable. But coral placement was. You guys dive way deeper into lights and chemistry than I do. I do wish I was a little more disciplined than I am.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You told me to pull the chain if you start getting all squirrely again. I said I'd remind you. Whatever you do, do it slowly.
Hahaha man I needed that.
You are right though.
I'm feeling like coral + or purple plus in far slot in back bank and check par.
I only need 50 more par on that rack and I can raise it.
If it does anything under the led its a no go im already pushing those guys under minecraft as far as im willing to push atm.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My no par checking comes from old school reefing. My days of power compacts and metal halides. We didn't worry about spectrum or par. Lights were not adjustable. But coral placement was. You guys dive way deeper into lights and chemistry than I do. I do wish I was a little more disciplined than I am.
Okayyy Daddddddd....

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My broseph i promise I'm only using par as Guage. Every shroom you see placed throughout lagoon was placed using exactly your technique. I just happen to know what par that is if that makes sense.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okayyy Daddddddd....
Hahaha yup...

But for real. Throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks is expensive. I need to do better. My #1 issue is alk. If I had something that would continually check it then make adjustments I think everything else would be great.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha yup...

But for real. Throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks is expensive. I need to do better. My #1 issue is alk. If I had something that would continually check it then make adjustments I think everything else would be great.
I'll send you a piece of this throat punch cup coral I have soon as I can cut a head off. It tells me as soon as I slip below 8 and when it creeps above 8.5.
That's literally my Alk machine. I tried 9 everything did good but 8-8.5 seems to be where it all settled out with cup coral opened up like torch status.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll send you a piece of this throat punch cup coral I have soon as I can cut a head off. It tells me as soon as I slip below 8 and when it creeps above 8.5.
That's literally my Alk machine. I tried 9 everything did good but 8-8.5 seems to be where it all settled out with cup coral opened up like torch status.
My tank likes about 8.5. I just need to be better at keeping it there... :)

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@F i s h y not par but ,have you compared by eye the blue plus to the actinic reef brite ?

@LRT ..grumble ,grumble,throat punch cup..grumble...:p;Woot
Not yet. Will be able to when I fire up the 6ft tank.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flash back Friday on Thursday:D
A cpl of my original foot boogers I snagged. These moms have not dropped a baby naturally. Ive taken 2 or 3 from each of them by way of foot booger over last cpl years.
If I remember correctly these where wild imports. Super non evasive and just seem to want to grow and get huge but not drop babies.
Judging by how slow the babies are growing. Biggest one is maybe an inch after close to a year. I wonder how old these moms actually are:D
20210909_091445.jpg
20210909_091321.jpg
20210909_091309.jpg
20210909_090637.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank 2
Day 4 since rip clean, Day 3 of testing and still clean as a whistle lol
7.1 alk Hit again with 10ml alk(fusion) 10 ml A4R
.1 Phosphates
40 Nitrates. Im actually surprised its not more. Going to do big water change this weekend and see what happens. May bust out ats.
20210909_165225.jpg

Shroom Lagoon
8.3 Alk . Something about this A4R has Alk locked in. Doesn't matter if I hit it with 7 or 10 ml it just stays on point:D
.1 Phosphates
5-10 Nitrates
20210909_165237.jpg

No filters pix taken on pro mode everything auto.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha yup...

Dude same. Alk is the thing I really hate dealing with.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude same. Alk is the thing I really hate dealing with.
My bros i feel like I figured out the Alk puzzle with A4R. If im right ill have to dose equal parts Alk Fusion and A4R until day 5-7 then stop dosing Alk Fusion altogether but im going to walk this tank through it and 100% record what im seeing. If done right i think its the magic ticket. First cpl weeks while the bacterial process takes place is the tricky part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 36 37.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back