20211028_181902.jpg
20211028_181856.jpg
20211028_181854.jpg
20211028_181850.jpg
20211028_181830.jpg
20211028_181812.jpg
20211028_181754.jpg
20211028_181743.jpg
There are some people that are trimming their corals to get better shape. I'll see if I can find the video. For instance your slider, they would cut it off the base and cut the top off removing the 'stem". They would then regime the top to the base so it grafts back to itself. Essentially then you have 4 growth tips growing off the plug. You can also glue the stem back on a different plug and start a 2nd frag. I like to glue mine horizontal. I find there are more growth tips that come from it.

Just a thought...

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Pico bam I should have grabbed pictures when I found the Earl. Its actually healing pretty quick and almost back to normal now you can kind of see the remnants. The pic I have blown up is next day I think.
20211026_172526.jpg
Screenshot_20211026-173459_Chrome.jpg

Have a little og godzilla booger about as big as pin head. Has a mouth eating roids already haha
20211026_172615.jpg

Yuma that ate Earl haha Funny thing is I named it black widow it def living up to that.
20211026_172500.jpg

Mini minecraft from the last round of boogers:)
20211026_172540.jpg
I'm just seeing this. DANG Earl got ate!

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some people that are trimming their corals to get better shape. I'll see if I can find the video. For instance your slider, they would cut it off the base and cut the top off removing the 'stem". They would then regime the top to the base so it grafts back to itself. Essentially then you have 4 growth tips growing off the plug. You can also glue the stem back on a different plug and start a 2nd frag. I like to glue mine horizontal. I find there are more growth tips that come from it.

Just a thought...
That's awesome bro you must be reading my mind over there ive actually been thinking about doing something like that. Ive seen Bill with Epic do that in his threads at its pretty clever ill check out the video and see whats up.
Was talking to B earlier about torches. I'm thinking about reconfiguring back wall with row of racks for them sitting at perfect par.
Thinking about either making or picking up a few racks with extendable arms to get me just over the rock under the rack. Im pulling 3-400 par around there so thinking i can get into some real sticks and have torches too hahahaha
Starting to feel a little like @Eagle_Steve and his sticknem garden.
It would be cool if I could make this a shroomsticktorch garden may be pushing it though :)

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just a thought...

I got you Jason with the West Coast translation

Eldon bro, top your pants. Two mains become 4, 4 become 8.

!

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha ok I got that! We shall scrogs the slimer:D
I will pay for the 3D printed SCROG net if you'll follow through. Could You Even I Imagine the haters???

Making a table acro out of a branching type. The purists would LOSE THEY MINDS!!

We have to do this. And it's your fault.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sad and disappointing day on the reef here on many levels. Disgusted honestly. If we can't have open and honest conversations without ridicule we shouldn't have them at all. I promise every thing I've discussed in this thread or any other thread is absoloutely honest and precise as possible. I would never knowingly hurt anyone's endeavors to reef
Any questions feel free to ask.
You can see my applications working real time here daily!

Anyhow I had to make a pretty hard choice today and inevitably me and wife agreed its time to rehome puffdaddy. I could have set up a fuge. But at the end of the day he just wouldn't have worked out with future plans. Nor do we have time to keep up with the maintenance and nor was tank 2 set up to handle the waste. Made the choice though and time to move tank 2 on to bigger and better things.
20211031_150732.jpg

Last edited:

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sad and disappointing day on the reef here on many levels. Disgusted honestly. If we can't have open and honest conversations without ridicule we shouldn't have them at all. I promise every thing I've discussed in this thread or any other thread is absoloutely honest and precise as possible. I would never knowingly hurt anyone's endeavors to reef
Any questions feel free to ask.
You can see my applications working real time here daily!

Anyhow I had to make a pretty hard choice today and inevitably me and wife agreed its time to rehome puffdaddy. I could have set up a fuge. But at the end of the day he just wouldn't have worked out with future plans. Nor do we have time to keep up with the maintenance and nor was tank 2 set up to handle the waste. Made the choice though and time to move tank 2 on to bigger and better things.
20211031_150732.jpg
Ive come to expect a bit of predatory behavior on this site. Some people don't realize there's more than one way to cut a pie. This hobbie is just that, many ways not one "right way" It kills me a bit when people are dog Piling some just trying to get started. Especially when on a budget or doing something DIY. No one person is better than another. Little curious what got you down today @LRT? Is it the insta tank thing? I belive its a great path to success personally and its what I do. Without the divers biom that comes on live corals and live rock (from the ocean) its very difficult to have a healthy tank.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive come to expect a bit of predatory behavior on this site. Some people don't realize there's more than one way to cut a pie. This hobbie is just that, many ways not one "right way" It kills me a bit when people are dog Piling some just trying to get started. Especially when on a budget or doing something DIY. No one person is better than another. Little curious what got you down today @LRT? Is it the insta tank thing? I belive its a great path to success personally and its what I do. Without the divers biom that comes on live corals and live rock (from the ocean) its very difficult to have a healthy tank.
Hey Pico thanks man I really am good. Means and method thread. I'm glad its shut down honestly its been ruined to the point its reached petty arguments and totally worthless to keep going at this point. Its is extremely interesting the trolling, ridicule, taken out of context, dismissed, slandered and derailed was allowed to the point of no return honestly. Glad its over it wasn't anyone's best day. When at the end of the day all I wanted to do was share findings on specific observations that plenty of others have observed and charted in plenty of threads now.
There is more than one way to skin a cat. My reef is living proof. Im totally lost why anyone would want to stifle a known fact. Plenty of people cycle testing ammonia. Many don't test nitrites or nitrates at all. There's no possible way the application I described with small measured feedings and cycling ammonia out is hurting anything whatsoever at the levels that are being generated and processed far as im concerned.
Its all good in moving on from it.
I'm not here to hurt anyone in anyway and especially not trying to go through all that again.

Its all good man it is what it is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on I do love the benefits of bare bottom glass i had 0 sand in last system. I put about 20-30 lbs under my rock in shroom lagoon for the critters.
Id love to keep tank 2 barebottom but wife is thinking other things atm haha

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LRT I always value any advice that you give, even when it doesn't apply to my setup or what I have going on at the time. I may not say much typically, but I do read as much as I can. Don't ever stop giving advice and don't pay attention to all the butt hats out there.

I'm sorry to hear about PuffDaddy. I know that was a very difficult decision for both you and your wife. Big hugs!

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LRT I always value any advice that you give, even when it doesn't apply to my setup or what I have going on at the time. I may not say much typically, but I do read as much as I can. Don't ever stop giving advice and don't pay attention to all the butt hats out there.

I'm sorry to hear about PuffDaddy. I know that was a very difficult decision for both you and your wife. Big hugs!
Hey Erin thanks appreciate the kind words :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back