Sicce XStream SDC battery backup

Jasongtr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool keep me updated please. I've had a few unsuccessful orders so far.
Ah really, any of them a 5.5/2.5 (hopefully not) failing that I’ll just open up the controller and solder something to the main board inside - it will work one way or the other

Jasongtr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One other thought, say you buy 3x 3000mah 18650 batteries for example, you could of course buy and 6x and put them in parallel in 3’s so you have 9000mah, what’s wrong with just buying a 12v lithium battery with a 20Ah capacity and save the hastle of using multiple small batteries and the associated holders, isn’t buying the bigger battery just buying an off the shelf solution of a bigger battery, likely cheaper too

Jasongtr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One other thought, say you buy 3x 3000mah 18650 batteries for example, you could of course buy and 6x and put them in parallel in 3’s so you have 9000mah, what’s wrong with just buying a 12v lithium battery with a 20Ah capacity and save the hastle of using multiple small batteries and the associated holders, isn’t buying the bigger battery just buying an off the shelf solution of a bigger battery, likely cheaper too
Answering my own question after a bit of reading , a 12v lithium battery I doubt would get sufficient voltage to charge from the sdc battery backup port on the controller, looks like a bank of 3x3.7v batteries it is then

Jasongtr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool keep me updated please. I've had a few unsuccessful orders so far.
Sicce replied with a powerbank solution that’s been tested their end, they also confirmed the size of the battery port is 5.5/2.5 and suggested I buy these, I’m however going to not use their built in backup solition now and am building my own with an AGM lead acid battery and a switchover module
49C8D0FC-3AE5-49B2-A56A-2A8638FCF8D2.jpeg

JHSteepat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mains powered plug is 5.5mm /2.1mm and the battery backup has a larger central positive pin which I assume is to stop you plugging the mains adapter into the wrong port so I’m going to assume it’s a 5.5mm/2.5mm and that’s what I’ve just ordered to test, will be a week or so until it arrives though
Did you find out that the 5.5/2.5 plug, positive center worked, or something else?

Edit: ignore this, I missed the second page of responses.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%

Back