Sicce XStream SDC battery backup

  • Thread starter Thread starter willembad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I emailed Sicce last week to see what they suggest as a battery backup. They replied this morning:

I attach a link to an example of a battery that we tested and that you could purchase (as long as it is 12V):


https://talentcell.com/lithium-ion-battery/12v/yb1203000.html


then you will also need an adapter like the one in the attached photo to connect the battery pack cable to the controller connector



Best Regards,
Sicce Customer Service

This is the adapter they suggested

Adapter.jpg


So my next question is, since the battery pack they suggest comes with an ac adapter, am I to use that adapter to keep the batteries charged, or will the Sicce controller charge them?
 
I emailed Sicce last week to see what they suggest as a battery backup. They replied this morning:



This is the adapter they suggested

Adapter.jpg


So my next question is, since the battery pack they suggest comes with an ac adapter, am I to use that adapter to keep the batteries charged, or will the Sicce controller charge them?
The sicce controller charges them
 
Yeah. I shot them a quick email to confirm, and they replied:

you could use either the additional power supply to keep the battery charged or without, meaning the controller power supply would charge the battery albeit more slowly
 
Finally got the battery packs from Amazon Friday evening. I went to the office last night and installed them.

I did a quick test, unplugging the control box, and after a few seconds the battery packs kicked in and started running the pumps.

Later this week, I may do a test to see how long the packs will keep the pumps powered.

IMG_3222.jpeg


IMG_3223.jpeg


IMG_3224.jpeg


IMG_3225.jpeg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new