Sick clown!

Ethan9696

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This clown is covered with white specks and we think it’s ich, but the ich treatment isn’t doing much. Any ways to make it work better/ best treatment to use? And if you don’t think it is ich what do you think it is?

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics would help determine what it is
Hope everything gets better

OP
OP
Ethan9696

Ethan9696

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics would help determine what it is
Hope everything gets better

b9eeb60a2219043b41805902a70a919c.jpg

Took the picture and meant to add but forgot. Here ya go!

ShaunRobinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This clown is covered with white specks and we think it’s ich, but the ich treatment isn’t doing much. Any ways to make it work better/ best treatment to use? And if you don’t think it is ich what do you think it is?
Picture? Where is the clown at the moment? Display tank or qt? What are you treating it with and how are you treating? All basic info that is needed to attempt to help.

OP
OP
Ethan9696

Ethan9696

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture? Where is the clown at the moment? Display tank or qt? What are you treating it with and how are you treating? All basic info that is needed to attempt to help.

The clown is in a quarantine tank with another clown. Being treated with rid-ich plus, went to this after using a natural ich remover while in the main tank. 3Ml every 24 hours (how the bottle said to)

ShaunRobinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I was unfamiliar with that product so had to look it up and do a little reading. There is not much information on it to be honest and most reviews seem to be from freshwater owners.

I’ll say this, in my opinion there are few ways to cure Ich. You can either TTM, copper or CP. Either of these options should cure whitespot.

You mention that the clowns were being treated for spot in the main tank? Any other fish in there and has the other clown been affected or showing any symptoms?

OP
OP
Ethan9696

Ethan9696

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I was unfamiliar with that product so had to look it up and do a little reading. There is not much information on it to be honest and most reviews seem to be from freshwater owners.

I’ll say this, in my opinion there are few ways to cure Ich. You can either TTM, copper or CP. Either of these options should cure whitespot.

You mention that the clowns were being treated for spot in the main tank? Any other fish in there and has the other clown been affected or showing any symptoms?

Other clown showed symptoms but has cleared up. Other two chromis have shown no symptoms. Coral beauty died within 3 days of symptoms two weeks ago.

ShaunRobinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is Ich and it looks probable then the other clowns symptoms clearing up is to be expected due to the lifecycle of Crypto. In very basic laymen’s terms the parasite drops off the fish after a few days to settle on the substrate and reproduce before reinfecting fish and so on.

My advice would be to move the 2 Chromis into the QT and treat with one of the above methods. Unfortunately as the parasite is in your display tank it will need to lay fallow (no fish) for 76 days. As harsh as this sounds it’s actually not so bad and soon passes. I’m sorry it’s not better news but it’s really the only way you can be sure to rid the spot from your system.

Shaun.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back