Sick Clownfish, Need Diagnosis

cmcimino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I thought I noticed some white film on my clown a week ago, but couldn't tell if it was anything to be worried about. Went out of town this weekend and came back to the clown having white spots on him, and a whitish film. He is eating and swimming around fine, but he has started to breath rapidly. I am currently getting a freshwater dip ready, as well as my QT. I tried to get some pictures, but it is hard to tell in them. What do you all think?

IMG_9696.jpg

IMG_9717.jpg

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to see in those pics but zoomed in I can see white spots on cheek and before the gill area and also on the black part of the tail. Don't know if those spots are on the fish or on the glass of fish tank. If on fish then most likely ick. Can you get a better pic if possible.
Breathing heavy could also be parasite in the gills. (Common in ick patients)

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try Taking some pics with "whites" on. I agree, hard to see anything in the above pics.

Spots on any clown always make me think brook at first since it is most common in clowns. Could also be ich or velvet as well.

OP
OP
cmcimino

cmcimino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do, I am going to try and catch him and my other clown today during lunch and put them in quarantine. Do you all suggest a FW dip prior to putting them in QT?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FW dip is helpful for some things, others it's not necessary.

It can possibly provide temporary relief for velvet or brook and also dislodge flukes. Which aids in the confirmation of flukes being present.

If it's ich FW dip doesn't help much cause you will need to get the fish in a QT with copper treatment.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back