xaacuetara

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
My clownfish has been acting a bit weird he is just parking in one corner of the tank, time to time, he swims to the bottom or the top of the tank in that same corner, he is eating well, and he is not having any trouble breathing, does not have any visible ich or velvet.

But I don't know I think something is going on he does look a bit odd, today I noticed something weird in that bottom part of his body. I am just worried it could be something else.
Here are some pics.
Thanks!

IMG_4600.JPEG IMG_4601.JPEG IMG_4603.JPEG

OP
OP
X

xaacuetara

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salinity: 1.026 sg
Phosphate: 0.21ppm
Nitrate: 2.2ppm
Calcium: 257ppm
Magnesium: 1200ppm
Alkalinity: 12.6dkh

A test was done by LFS, a week ago, after the results, water was changed (due to high phosphate and super high alkalinity) and calcium was added.

OP
OP
X

xaacuetara

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also there is no need to dose anything in your tank calcium is irrelevant at this early do you have any surface agitation? Possible lack of o2? I’m not a medic #fishmedic
Yes, I do have good surface agitation.
something I'd like to add is that I've seen my other clownfish bullying the other one (the one in the pics) a lot, and also I noticed that as soon as lights go off he swims normally around the tank.

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Yes, I do have good surface agitation.
something I'd like to add is that I've seen my other clownfish bullying the other one (the one in the pics) a lot, and also I noticed that as soon as lights go off he swims normally around the tank.
One showing dominance over other how close are they in size

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi!
My clownfish has been acting a bit weird he is just parking in one corner of the tank, time to time, he swims to the bottom or the top of the tank in that same corner, he is eating well, and he is not having any trouble breathing, does not have any visible ich or velvet.

But I don't know I think something is going on he does look a bit odd, today I noticed something weird in that bottom part of his body. I am just worried it could be something else.
Here are some pics.
Thanks!

IMG_4600.JPEG IMG_4601.JPEG IMG_4603.JPEG
While not part of the issue, do note calcium is very low, Alk very high and Phos elevated. I mention as the water parameters are unbalanced.
As for clown, Aggression from other clown may be playing a part why its in the corner. The pics are very difficult due to magnification from the acrylic.
Will need better pics to further assess or even a video.. . Both under white lighting and not in corner

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Agresor does look a bit larger than the other one.
I'll provide photos of the other one in a moment
Thats because its a hierarchy displayed by female clowns. They are often larger and dominant, will force a male to a corner, steal all the food and chase the male/ Isolation is often needed with aggressive females and may or may not change behavior of female

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on this likely being aggression from the other clownfish. If it doesn't settle down (i.e. you start to see fin damage) you may need to separate them.

Jay

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In the photos, it already looks like the bottom fins are already frayed. I'd separate them asap.

Back