Sick purple tang after two weeks of CP

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My initial reaction upon seeing these pics is those are nonparasitic lesions (possible skin reaction to CP?) or the larger ones appear to be Lympho nodules. Prazi resistant flukes are another possibility, and it would be good to confirm/rule that theory out via a FW dip.

OP
OP
sigmarabi1

sigmarabi1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My initial reaction upon seeing these pics is those are nonparasitic lesions (possible skin reaction to CP?) or the larger ones appear to be Lympho nodules. Prazi resistant flukes are another possibility, and it would be good to confirm/rule that theory out via a FW dip.
So monitor for 48 more hours and if no scratching etc then do FW dip to check for fluke. Agree?
The tang is eating well which is always good sign.

lagatbezan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, TTM only works for ich. Lympho tends to be viral and usually goes away on its own with good water parameters and feedings.
TTM might help it with lympho by providing the fish with pristine water quality with each transfer as well.
HLLE = Head and Lateral line erosion like mentioned above.

OP
OP
sigmarabi1

sigmarabi1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking that if it was parasitic, I would see such visible signs in more than one fish specially since I have other tangs including a yellow. your thoughts?

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking that if it was parasitic, I would see such visible signs in more than one fish specially since I have other tangs including a yellow. your thoughts?
Yes and no. Some fish may succumb more quickly while others may exhibit flashing, scratching, with minimal to no visible lesions.

That said those spots don't look like a classic presentation of ich or velvet to me. I would go with @Humblefish on this one.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the picture it's pretty misleading. Those spots could be ich OR lympho. It would be odd for the lympho to show up all over the body like that, but it wouldn't be the first time.

Agree. At first glance it looks like Ich. Looking closer they are almost too white and pronounced. What we see with Ich is a mucus response to the parasite, and I don't believe that is what these pictures show. I am much more inclined to go with Lympho or some other skin reaction. Flukes also rarely show up as being white until exposed to fresh water.

I agree with observing for signs of rapid breathing, flashing, or scratching and trying to reduce stress as much as possible.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 47 23.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 116 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back