Simon's 450

OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Got a bunch of stuff from a local reefer about a year ago. His tank had been neglected and experienced significant die off. Some pieces had real promise, though I did have to remove all the big, dying colonies. But there’s always something left. A year later, this is among my favorites ....

D629AAE2-178C-4814-83F7-AA3DCFAD9EA3.jpeg

OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Me too! Looks ok so far though. The only issue I'm having with the denitrator is a very slight rotten egg smell in the house. Dog likes it, and the kids haven't complained ….

albano

View Badges
Reaction score
Looks great, Simon! But I heard that’s an acrylic tank... where’s all the scratches?

That Zebra tang just had to say hi!

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

mattzang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
what'd the potters eat off the bat? tank looks awesome, although could probably use some more damsels..

OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Looks great, Simon! But I heard that’s an acrylic tank... where’s all the scratches?
Oh man, made me laugh!

It is a small miracle I haven’t put a big scratch in it though since I am a terrible clutz.

Last edited:
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
what'd the potters eat off the bat? tank looks awesome, although could probably use some more damsels..
That’s what I’ve been thinking .... 25 more yellow tails.

I’d been trolling the online places for potters wrasses for awhile, and ordered two when they finally showed up at LA. Figured if I ordered two, I’d have a fighting chance to get one into the display. When they showed up, they were the most active leopards I have ever received (including some from DD). Ate everything from day one. I QT leopards mostly to get them eating, so two weeks of QT for this pair and then into the big tank.

Where do you go in case of a real reef tank emergency?

• Me, myself and I

Votes: 74 39.6%
  • Local Friend

Votes: 18 9.6%
  • Reef2Reef

Votes: 81 43.3%
  • Other

Votes: 14 7.5%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors