Simple Apex ATO programming question

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new Apex 2016 with 2 tanks on it. The 2nd tank is is the tank I am working with, so it has a PM1 module plugged into the Apex, and a breakout box plugged into the PM1. I am trying to program a very simple, one float switch ATO (redundancy will come later this week).

When I program this:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Swx3_1 OPEN Then ON

The outlet (into which the aqualifter is plugged) turns on, even with the switch showing closed and doesn't turn off until I manually turn it off. It also turns on if I open the switch, then it stays on and doesn't turn off when I close the switch.

When I program this:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Swx3_1 OPEN Then ON
If Swx3_1 CLOSED Then OFF

The outlet turns to "Off" (as opposed to auto) so it remains off and won't turn back on regardless of the switch position, until I manually reset the outlet to "auto". At which time I replay the scene above.

I feel like this should be really simple - what am I doing wrong? It's so simple I can't even find an example of what I want to do, because everyone else is using 2 float switches.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back