? Single coral tank ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tmc13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tmc13

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2020
Messages
81
Reaction score
156
Location
Milford, Ct.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've thought about the idea of a single coral tank, just picking one coral and growing it out. Could be boring, but then again maybe not. I do have other tanks to keep me occupied, but this could be a cool little side tank. Could be any coral, my first thoughts would be maybe a space invader pectinia or some kind of encrusting or branching SPS. Is anyone currently doing this or has done this in the past? It would be nice to see some photo's as well.
 
Last edited:
A giant toadstool in the center would be neat
 
Now do you mean a single coral like one morph? Take for example zoas like just magician zoas? Or a bunch of nothing but zoas but multiple types/colors?

I had a birds nest nano tank at work years ago had 3 different "morphs" though.
I have seen some nice rfa tanks and bta tanks.

The elegance tank would be so awesome!
 
One big elegance in a nano would be pretty neat
I’ve posted this before, but the Smithsonian National Zoo has one of these, albeit in a ~200 gallon tank. It’s enormous.

IMG_9683.jpeg
 
Now do you mean a single coral like one morph? Take for example zoas like just magician zoas? Or a bunch of nothing but zoas but multiple types/colors?

I had a birds nest nano tank at work years ago had 3 different "morphs" though.
I have seen some nice rfa tanks and bta tanks.

The elegance tank would be so awesome!
All cool ideas, I didn't think about same coral (different morphs), but definitely could be a possibility. I remember seeing one a LONG time ago called Leonardo's forest where it was all staghorn coral, but different morphs.
 
All cool ideas, I didn't think about same coral (different morphs), but definitely could be a possibility. I remember seeing one a LONG time ago called Leonardo's forest where it was all staghorn coral, but different morphs.
That was actually one of the first things that popped into my head when I read this.
 
Imagine a tank with a small mountain of live rock completely covered by yellow Fiji sarcophyton
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new