Single White spot on Naso tang

MrZ3no

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2022
Messages
29
Reaction score
9
Location
new york city
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I noticed today there was a single white dot on my naso tangs tail and a small white patch on my Anthias. All my other fishes looks fine. Should I be worried? Possible ich?

I feed mysis/nori/spirulina brine. Sometimes pe pellets,and the green algae pellets. I feed pellets with some garlic and selcon tonight.

IMG_5195.png
 
If I see something like that on my fish I dose metroplex and focus to their food with vitamins and observe. Usually goes away. Fish medics might have a different opinion
 
Definitely looks like lympho.


Just feed it well and keep good water conditions and it'll go away
 
Definitely looks like lympho.


Just feed it well and keep good water conditions and it'll go away
I forgot to add this pic if u look at bottom part of the tail there’s a white dot is that Lympho as well?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5193.jpeg
    IMG_5193.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 129
This is viral and not parasitical and skip metroplex and focus as it requires clean/good quality water and adequate diet to help the fish ward this off. It will fall off by itself
Feed foods such as LRS fish frenzy, mysis shrimp, plankton, TDO pellets which offer protein
No medication for lymphocystis
 
Last edited:
+1, the naso seems to have Lymphocystis. It may spread/grow larger, but will resolve on its own with no treatment. The anthias looks like it may have a broken fin ray, no treatment for that either.

Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new