Siphon Stopper Back Pressure GPH

Ecotech Marine

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Does anyone have any data on how much GPH is reduced due to back pressure using the Custom Aquariums Siphon Stopper? I'm considering using two of these on a Innovative Marine 150 EXT. I've had a sump overflow in the past using the drilled hole at the water line due to debris blocking the hole. On my current tank I use a reverse check valve that has been working flawlessly for years, but this tank will be in an office viewable from the living room and there will be no canopy. I don't want any of the plumbing viewable.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

Suohhen

View Badges
Reaction score
I can't say for that specific product but the holes I have drilled on my lines never clog and act as a nice side benefit of causing surface ripples to help my Kessil's really shimmer. Obv every tank is different and with 2 returns it isn't too much of a problem if one was to clog. Looking at the device your referencing it doesn't seem like it would slow flow much and I am also an advocate for running whatever gph is near the minimum needed for your tank which on my tank is about 4x/hour but I also don't depend on my return pump for flow as I run MP-40s.

OP
ReefHog

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm thinking I will just T off a 1/4" pvc elbow right after the bulkhead at the water surface. It shouldn't take away much from the 3/4" return nozzle.

Gluemasters - your best choice for CA super glue