Siphon Stopper Back Pressure GPH

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any data on how much GPH is reduced due to back pressure using the Custom Aquariums Siphon Stopper? I'm considering using two of these on a Innovative Marine 150 EXT. I've had a sump overflow in the past using the drilled hole at the water line due to debris blocking the hole. On my current tank I use a reverse check valve that has been working flawlessly for years, but this tank will be in an office viewable from the living room and there will be no canopy. I don't want any of the plumbing viewable.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

Suohhen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't say for that specific product but the holes I have drilled on my lines never clog and act as a nice side benefit of causing surface ripples to help my Kessil's really shimmer. Obv every tank is different and with 2 returns it isn't too much of a problem if one was to clog. Looking at the device your referencing it doesn't seem like it would slow flow much and I am also an advocate for running whatever gph is near the minimum needed for your tank which on my tank is about 4x/hour but I also don't depend on my return pump for flow as I run MP-40s.

OP
OP
ReefHog

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking I will just T off a 1/4" pvc elbow right after the bulkhead at the water surface. It shouldn't take away much from the 3/4" return nozzle.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back