OP
SkiCatTX

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a while, the tank is still going, way longer than I originally planned since the build is running behind. I am making progress though, I finally got the tank and stand to go along with the sump that came in a while back.

IMG_1844.jpeg

I am also making progress on the plumbing, although I have had a few hiccups there are well. You can follow along in my new build thread here.

IMG_1908.jpeg

Going to switch gears this weekend and do some woodwork while I wait on additional plumbing fixtures from BRS...

IMG_1849.jpeg

You can see the wood for the door panels in the background...coming along ever so slowly... :cool:

OP
OP
SkiCatTX

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a PAR meter to use with the new build, but figured I try it out on this build to see where things are.

The numbers at the top are just under the water. The others are placing the sensor as close as possible right next to the coral under the number. The numbers are a little lower than I thought they would be, but still good. Everything is growing just fine despite the crazy amount of algae and dinos in the tank.

IMG_0409.jpeg

Side numbers.

075ED739-66C2-46BD-8D03-FE378934A63D_1_105_c.jpeg

I'd like to get a little higher PAR on the Anemones, but for now, that's fine. I don't want to encourage even more algae growth than I'm already dealing with...

OP
OP
SkiCatTX

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back