Skimmer Q&A Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter mojo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I'm not sure if this topic is addressed somewhere in the 167 pages of information, but I did a quick search and didn't see anything relevant come up.

Are protein skimmers additive in capacity? For example, on a 120 gallon AIO vs a 120 gallon sump. Would 3 x Tunze DOC 9004's (rated at 65 gallons) give me equal TOTAL skimming capacity as one Simplicity 240? I know I threw brands out there, but this isn't meant to be a brand comparison question, more of a stacking or additive ability of skimmers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new