Slasher Mantis Shrimp

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I would definitely recommend the Pseudosquilla ciliata. I are pretty interactive and do not hide all day.

ciliata6.jpg

ciliata4.jpg

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with the P. ciliata if you can find one. I haven't looked in a while but they were hard to come by at one time.

OP
OP
Duke4Life

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im very tempted by this ya'll, been reading on them a bit more this afternoon. It's different and unique just like my chainlink eel.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checking as the site I'm looking at has it listed as a smasher. Thank you for the help. About to watch the Mantis Shrimp show with my wife.

I hope it's not a store. I've kept all clubbers except for 3 of this species and feeding this guy live was by far, one of the nastiest things I've seen. With the fish I keep, I can't be tenderhearted, but this was brutal. Stab. Stab. Stab. Stab. Stab.... that mantis never got live fish again. With the Smashers. Bang! Unconscious......

Usually they go to their cave to do this stuff in private, but this one guy was always out and about.

OP
OP
Duke4Life

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it's not a store. I've kept all clubbers except for 3 of this species and feeding this guy live was by far, one of the nastiest things I've seen. With the fish I keep, I can't be tenderhearted, but this was brutal. Stab. Stab. Stab. Stab. Stab.... that mantis never got live fish again. With the Smashers. Bang! Unconscious......
Would blue damsels or chromis be fine? I do realize 110% what they do. I miss my predators and there's no room for another large tank at this time. A 20g doesn't take up much space :)

OP
OP
Duke4Life

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a need to run a full qt on any possible additions or since they're inverts there's not a need?

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watched a video. There is a difference in being a predator and being jack the ripper... those guys are brutal. I'll stick with my very timid smasher.

OP
OP
Duke4Life

Duke4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp ya'll even after showing my wife some videos it didn't change her mind on me getting 1. With an unexpected trip to Seattle in the works, this would be much better instead of fish in qt (wouldn't feel good leaving for 2 weeks and relying on others to carry out).

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 42 21.4%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 23 11.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back