Slight accident....

  • Thread starter Thread starter Azurel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2006
Messages
7,482
Reaction score
44
Location
Kalamazoo Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This goes to show you that you need to be careful while working on your tank.....I accidentally touched my MH bulb with the back of my hand while doing some maintenance.....The burn is about the size of a quarter, I heard sizzling when it touched much like bacon when it hits a hot frying pan...

DSCN0879.jpg



Moral of the story pay attention......Ooh and it hurt like hell......






Michigan that is.......
 
Yea it is starting to heal I guess.....Didn't hurt that bad till I scraped it at work and peeled the dead skin off it.....Good thing I work third shift and there are not a lot of customers in the store at that time....I can tell you there was a out burst of language that I haven't used in quite awhile...
 
You have been initiated into the MHRC!! Metal Halide Reef Club!! It does look like it ouchied!! I got mine off 1000watter and it was just a puff of white smoke!! Glad you doing fine!
 
Yes we do.....Thanks guys just thought I would point out the fact that no matter how many times you mess around with your tank you still have to pay attention.....
 
I had a Friend that was bragging that he was going from his 3 - 175watt Mogal set up to 4 - 250watt HQI's. He didn't get the memo that HQI bulbs don't have UV shielding biult into the glass of the bulbs like mogals do. Needless to say he had a SUN BURN on the left side of his face and both hands for 2 weeks from only about 10 minutes exposure. These lights actually do emulate the SUN in every sense of that meaning, Heat and Light wise. -SoLiD
 
Last edited:
i cant remember if i showed you guys this before....it wasn't tank related, but a burn on my hand/wrist none the less.

it was a work related injury (OSHA reportable)....it sucked, worst burn i've ever gotten. took 2 months to go away. after i took that picture the skin pretty much all fell off.

you can definitely see a large scar there now, but luckily the hair grew back...lol

IMG_0460.JPG
 
That is much worse then mine......I'm sure that hurt like a .......Glad it got better......Anybody else got burns they wanna show off. LOL.
 
yeah, that was from hot water coming out of a hose at high pressure (its called 300lb steam i think).

the steam was being mixed with water than shot out of a hose, but the water flashed into steam and was over 220deg, it melted the barier b/w the cuff of my suit and my glove and burned me.

i was really ticked cuz of the cheap protection i was given.

even funnier, i was laid off last week with alot of other people, and on my way out they made me sign a release form saying i wouldnt tattle tale on them to OSHA or the EPA, if i did they wouldn't give me my severence pay...... :rolleyes:


oh well, sucks being unemployed, but i'm glad to be out of there, that place was an explosion waiting to happen, so surprised no one was killed while i worked there.
 
Wow missed this thread!

Sory about your burn.....all of you!!

So hows it healing James?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new