Slightly annoyed.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty, thank you, I would honestly prefer live anyway! Any websites to buy keys rock and have it shipped to my door? Do LFS’ ever get gulf/keys rock in?
The problem with shipping is the cost for shipping is calculated by weight .

OP
OP
Sailaway

Sailaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, your dad went with you, knowing you wanted to buy some live rock, but didn't tell you you needed to add fish with it until the LFS guy said it??

I mean, it's not true anyway, but why would your dad, with all his "experience" want you to waste a trip as well as your, and his, time?
No idea. And I talked to him last night about the weird experience and his excuse was the fact that this guy had 30+ years of reefing under his belt. doesn’t matter if his expensive corals are being overrun by algae and aiptasia.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea. And I talked to him last night about the weird experience and his excuse was the fact that this guy had 30+ years of reefing under his belt. doesn’t matter if his expensive corals are being overrun by algae and aiptasia.
30+ years isn’t an excuse IMHO. If it’s good information then that shows more signs of how long they’ve been in the hobby.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have one comment, well I ramble so I'm sure there will be more than one. Cross that LFS off of your list. Don't even bother going there again. There are lots of people that have done things poorly for very long times. I know people that have been driving for fifty years and can still hit the only light pole in an empty parking lot.

If his tanks are full of Aiptasia then he is, at best, negligent with his tanks. You don't need advice from negligent reef keepers. A few Aiptasia is not a concern, they happen but a lot says neglect. Like stated many times above you can add live rock at any time. I would though add it where you can keep an eye on it for the first month or two for unwanted hitchhikers and to possibly clean off larger organisms that may die.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back