likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e22a8456f47c4d3085b91dabf59be926.jpg

I have six total in my tank from the four that I hope too turn into one

Digi the slowest thing of life

the tyree rainbow and season greetings is slowgoing so to speak.

reef tech the fastest. Mystic second fastest

My X factor is slow growing purple outwards ledges but fast encrusting if that makes sense

All bought classic Montis from Harry’s frags.

Reef tech star burst
Tyree rainbow
Mystic sunset
Seasons greetings
X factor
Green digi

I love Montis!

Nice! Thanks for the details.

Aquatic Bobs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a worldwidecorals Sunfire grafted montipora cap that I've had for almost 7 months now and it has grown absolutely zero! I'm hoping it hits that sweet spot soon and takes off because my fire digitata, wet thumbs Bubblegum digitata, and forest fire digitata are growing like weeds comparatively!

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a worldwidecorals Sunfire grafted montipora cap that I've had for almost 7 months now and it has grown absolutely zero! I'm hoping it hits that sweet spot soon and takes off because my fire digitata, wet thumbs Bubblegum digitata, and forest fire digitata are growing like weeds comparatively!

Try placing near a rock it can plate off

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slightly off topic, but I saw a nice piece today at Manhattan Aquariums. I thought it was some kind of Montipora, but was actually a Turbinaria. Looked like this:

37F3D969-27E1-4F55-AA33-9BDD7B847495.jpeg

The guy said it grew really slowly also. So not a slow growing Montipora, but still an interesting alternative SPS.

By the way, Manhattan Aquariums has a ton of nice corals and the prices are reasonable (especially for this area). Everything looked clean and healthy. I learned also, same owner as UniqueCorals. I will be returning for sure once my aquarium is up and running.
Did you ever get this scroll? @NY_Caveman

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slightly off topic, but I saw a nice piece today at Manhattan Aquariums. I thought it was some kind of Montipora, but was actually a Turbinaria. Looked like this:

37F3D969-27E1-4F55-AA33-9BDD7B847495.jpeg

The guy said it grew really slowly also. So not a slow growing Montipora, but still an interesting alternative SPS.

By the way, Manhattan Aquariums has a ton of nice corals and the prices are reasonable (especially for this area). Everything looked clean and healthy. I learned also, same owner as UniqueCorals. I will be returning for sure once my aquarium is up and running.
These are hard to get I had one that got 10”/14” ina 37 gal . But it died around 2006-2008 they are very slow growing and a true yellow. Some list it as SPS and some list it as LPS . After haveing one I’m going to say SPS the polyps didn’t get more then 1/8” .

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get this scroll? @NY_Caveman
These are hard to get I had one that got 10”/14” ina 37 gal . But it died around 2006-2008 they are very slow growing and a true yellow. Some list it as SPS and some list it as LPS . After haveing one I’m going to say SPS the polyps didn’t get more then 1/8” .
I never did get one. Manhattan Aquariums had some nice ones, but my tank was not even up yet when I saw them.

Last edited:

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never did get one. Manhattan Aquariums has some nice ones, but my tank was not even up yet when I saw them.
Oh I have one, you can have it lol. It’s so slowwww lol.

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it didn’t recover from the time I was not interested in the aquarium. It is a slow and steady grower. Also in low lighting it will go brown/yellow and form a cup shape but the polyps and edges stay yellow. In high light it gets more yellow and gets a different shape .
Aquarium depo had then for a short time but gone .
Back to the thread if you want a slow growing plate coral it’s the one you want .

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update Vivid Aquariums has them right now. $50
I haven’t purchased anything from them , so I can’t tell any good or bad about them. They have a photo to .
I had a very good experience with Vivid recently. Coral was shipped well and looked exactly like its picture.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back