Slow growing sps corals

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are some slow growing sps corals? What will take a while to take over a rock and never really take over another coral because of growth rate?

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fast and slow growing SPS and vary between aquariums due to different parms. Currently I have a jaw dropper acropora that I"m waiting to take off. It seems to be a slow one for me so far. ON the other spectrum, a fast grower is pc rainbow. Regardless, sps will compete for growing its base and canapy for light. Some sps will respect each others boundaries without killing each other and some will not.

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fast and slow growing SPS and vary between aquariums due to different parms. Currently I have a jaw dropper acropora that I"m waiting to take off. It seems to be a slow one for me so far. ON the other spectrum, a fast grower is pc rainbow. Regardless, sps will compete for growing its base and canapy for light. Some sps will respect each others boundaries without killing each other and some will not.

JD is definitely a super slow grower from what I’ve heard

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back